litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh

Badger02

That's getting seriously clean!  Check the wiring which has been known to rub through on some edges.  There is one near the fusebox where it can touch the crash structure if not arranged carefully, and I also found the loom down to the horn and driving lamps on mine not clipped in and rubbing.

Have fun putting the heater matrix back in ;)

3 hours ago, Lithopsian said:

That's getting seriously clean!  Check the wiring which has been known to rub through on some edges.  There is one near the fusebox where it can touch the crash structure if not arranged carefully, and I also found the loom down to the horn and driving lamps on mine not clipped in and rubbing.

Have fun putting the heater matrix back in ;)

Thanks for the tip to look out for

Heater, battery and wash bottle back in with new stainless steel jubilee clips. Looks the same as when I started 2 weeks ago, but the benefit of my work is more or less hidden, but important. Can see why restoration companies charge so much as everything takes a long time, partly due to decent access not being considered in the design and my lack of experience/skills. Well that's my earnest speech of the day done 😇 Oh, and i also put the new pro alloy main rad in (will tidy up the cables at the rear of it tomorrow)

Screenshot_20231219_174356_Gallery.jpg

20231219_144244.jpg

20231219_125801.jpg

• Badger02 changed the title to S1 Type 49 Elise Refresh