litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track day questions

Luke Seagrave
Go to solution Solved by dobbo,

I’m at Cadwell Park on 21st June.  This was my second track day and I didn’t find it too bad.  You can always take it steady.  I have found Lotus on track to be excellent. I am basically a newbie myself, yesterday was only my sixth, (so I am still being passed more than passing) and your fellow track goers are very good and patient.

Get yourself a LoT membership, perhaps invest in a helmet, and join a track day that a few people you know are going on.  That’s the least intimidating way to do it.  Lotus are built for tracking, so just check your fluids and take her on one.  Nothing special needs to be done.

look for an insurance that covers track days, I am with Classic line, and it’s no more costly than a normal insurance.

On 13/06/2023 at 21:50, winthattt said:

Like, Ray is correct, Blyton is very safe but I hate the place. Corners can be confusing (to me) as there are lots of cones, lines and bits and bobs. Probably my poor spatial memory. Much safer than Cadwell.

It surprises me that you hate Blyton. For balance, I love it there. It's got a good mix of fast and slow corners, is very safe and cheap too!

It's better when they stick to the outer circuit though - when they run variations through the middle is when it gets a bit coney and confusing in my experience.

On 13/06/2023 at 20:39, Badger02 said:

Hi Luke,

If you are interested, I'm doing the LDC intro to sprinting at Curborough on 29th June. Did it last year. Easy track and great for a novice as only one car on the track at any one time.

Cheers, Badger

Thanks, I won't be able to make that unfortunately. Hope you have lots of fun. 👍👍

Luke

On 13/06/2023 at 21:05, dobbo said:

Speaking from current experience, makes sure your recovery policy includes recovery from TDs.

Mine does, fortunately 🤬

Thanks, it probably will be next year as I will see if I can include it in my next renewal.

Luke

On 15/06/2023 at 16:28, Luke Seagrave said:

Thanks, it probably will be next year as I will see if I can include it in my next renewal.

Luke

Luke - Don't worry about tyres or changing anything on the car. Likely it will know its own way round the circuit anyway! (whichever one you choose). Best book some instruction. I used to book 2 for a whole day especially if I didn't know the circuit - one in the morning to help find your way around and another in the afternoon to refine things. One thing I would add  is that several circuits do 'evening' sessions, which are shorter and cheaper. Not as much track time admittedly, but less intense than a full day. And finally, I always avoided having 'one last blast' at the end of the day. It can be asking for trouble if you're getting tired, so pack up and go home in one piece rather than do another 20 mins and invite trouble.

Would agree about avoiding Cadwell until you've done a few. I always found it took a long time to learn. Donny is good, as is Anglesey (often wettish there though, but a great circuit). Blyton is good and not much to hit!

Hartley

Photo taken at Croft (another good circuit!)

DSC_8153.JPG

17 hours ago, hartleyj said:

Luke - Don't worry about tyres or changing anything on the car. Likely it will know its own way round the circuit anyway! (whichever one you choose). Best book some instruction. I used to book 2 for a whole day especially if I didn't know the circuit - one in the morning to help find your way around and another in the afternoon to refine things. One thing I would add  is that several circuits do 'evening' sessions, which are shorter and cheaper. Not as much track time admittedly, but less intense than a full day. And finally, I always avoided having 'one last blast' at the end of the day. It can be asking for trouble if you're getting tired, so pack up and go home in one piece rather than do another 20 mins and invite trouble.

Would agree about avoiding Cadwell until you've done a few. I always found it took a long time to learn. Donny is good, as is Anglesey (often wettish there though, but a great circuit). Blyton is good and not much to hit!

Hartley

Photo taken at Croft (another good circuit!)

DSC_8153.JPG

Hi Hartley,

Thank you for the detailed response. I will probably get some tuition and take on board what you have said about the circuits. 

Greatly appreciated,

Luke