litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Wheel wax?

DeanB

I did a track day so some heavy deposits on my wheels dirt and pad dust, quick wash and wipe sorted :) 

my guess would be newish or well prepared wheels might be better with ceramic coating, older wheels may benifit more from Poorboys

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the wheels on my S190 would benefit from a ceramic coating.   They’ve recently been refurbished, a very nice finish, and I’ve given them a couple of coats of Poorboys for now.    

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive ceramic coating specifically for wheels, that I can apply myself?   I’ve just run out of Poorboys so the timing is good 👍🏻

E7D7D050-F64F-48C0-B23B-6233F66152E2.jpeg

E8E956BF-ED9C-4735-B865-2FFEE5B9088A.jpeg

10 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Nice one Will, so does the AG ceramic stuff adhere properly on top of the Poorboys?

Morning Dave

Seems to adhere fine. Definitely added an extra glassy finish on top of of a couple of coats of PBs.

Obviously it's not a  proper ceramic coat. But I wash the car wheels-off so I don't need a long lasting ceramic coat and I am perfectly happy with Poorboys alone. I only used the spray because someone bought it for me.  I haven't tested them yet either as the car is still on axle stands as I complete this years' fettling / improvements.

However first impressions re the finish are good. And a low cost low effort way to add a quick ceramic glaze.

Cheers

Will

Archived