litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Arrival

Adtmits

After giving the obvious german marque thoughts, I decided I couldn't do it and despite a less than great recent experience the bond with the marque is strong.

With the support of both Lotus and Central Lotus my Evora experience is resolved in principle and subject to a few dotting and crossing of i&ts I'm hoping to have an 🟠 arrival!

Excited doesn't cover it and keeping everything crossed for a pre-christmas collection which should mean I am in a Lotus rather than a Tesla in the post christmas Tick run.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats. The orange 410 Exige in stock at the moment? I Went in there today as have a Chrome Orange 410 20th anniversary on order and finalising bits with Connor today in relation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear, shame it has taken them so long to get their act together...

Come on then Adam spill the beans, we can’t all wait until after Christmas and most of us will be eating turkey leftovers anyway......we need pics, or details at the very least!   Another GT410, or have you gone down the Exige route again?

Matt's spot on Dave.  It's the in stock Exige 410 sport at Central, Metallic orange with the carbon seat option and PPF conveniently is already fitted. 

It has taken too long to resolve (I've been without the Evora since 27/10), but it has been acknowledged by all involved and I am pleased say that when the cavalry arrived they did go the extra mile which has offered some confidence.

The Evora has been rectified and I am going to drive it for my own peace of mind to be above to vouch for it as I would have done for my Exige (New owner is yet to surface!). As I financed the Evora, there are a few consents to be gained with the unwind, but I am not expecting issues. I'd have considered an Evora, but wanted a GT410 sport, not a GT410, which most of the stock is.

I've been fed up with the situation to say the least, so its some welcome progress and something to really look forward. 

Lovely car Adam. Had a good look round it. My reg is actually the next letter on being AVE...

Factory have believe it or not a short supply of seat belt buckles and mine was failed on QC.

Originally penned for 11th December delivery now looking like 23rd being finalised.

Unfortunately that means I may not get it till 1st week in Jan but hoping to squeeze something in Christmas week if we can’t get it before.

Scott Walker at the factory has been super helpful, honest and transparent about the situation which has been appreciated.

Connor and my ha as are tied really until factory has sorted it

5 minutes ago, XH51MES said:

Ps if you want a close up shot of the rear I can share as took one of yours today emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Do share the photos Matt! I didn't realise it had a reg already.

To a much lesser extent, I can sympathise with the seat buckle issue, my Evora had a crushed buckle in rear (damaged on manufacture) and it took weeks to arrive... which was surprising given the rather reasonable Lotus price of  about £15 😃 

Great to hear this Adam - congrats and now you have the new car thing again - very exciting.   Stunning colour too - I love orange Lotuses of any kind, and it looks very menacing indeed with all the black bits and that wing.   

I hope Lotus resolved this with some kind of offer that meant you didn't have to pay anything out (but then again I obviously have no idea what you paid for the Evora).

Either way - obviously a great outcome and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Great news Adam, I did see the Evora back for sale a few days ago at Central and did wonder what the outcome was of your unfortunate Evora ownership.The Exige looks fantastic and in and a stunning. I had a test drive in Exige 410 earlier this year and could not believe how fast it was it was breathtaking. Well done so happy for you 👍

Archived