litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New member 👋👋

XH51MES

Hi all,

Just been messaging Scott Scotty on Instagram and joined up.

I’m based in Sheffield, any locals?

I’ve recently jumped into my Club Racer finally getting a proper Lotus having had a VX220 when I was 23 back in the day! 

Just treated myself to a valved 2bular system...it’s a thing of beauty to hear! 😂

Be delighted to join you on some runs out and meet you all soon

Cheers

Matt

9FDC444D-0331-4302-8D5E-A335D973316A.jpeg

EA7E7D20-BA6E-4018-A3E9-9E390C7DE824.jpeg

E91F437B-A7AB-4FA1-B735-863BD1797C9A.jpeg

0A44A908-BBCF-47AC-B288-2823889251EB.jpeg

C8379971-D09C-418C-894A-38443C019BB4.jpeg

A05DD37C-F887-4D9A-B7B4-68696C5A8814.jpeg

0192FA39-B06E-4B8E-8662-CFBB1395AE01.jpeg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Scotty here of instagram, looks a fantastic car in a stunning colour, like you was a VX220 owner back in the day. I bet that 2bular sounds awesome. Be great to have you out on a run soon so we can hear that exhaust on full chatter 👍

F80D963C-0D19-40FC-8724-9D196DF549C5.jpeg

Thanks Scotty. Great colour.

Loved my VX220, that special feeling I got on every drive, the heat shimmer from the engine bay looking through the rear panel, made me smile even on cold and rainy Monday mornings....

Much like the Exige

Will keep an eye on the meets....if we can get past this bloody virus

Been at Reindeer Inn tonight Retford way that was a good meet. Hop Pole was also a good one a few weeks back. Both tend to do 2nd Thursdays of each month, and good venues for a drive out with some cracking roads round that way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have family in Retford and noticed the Hop Pole was open again and even as a Lotus flag outside lol. Was thinking about  going to last meet there but for some reason could not make it,  is it worth the trip?

Yeah if you keep an eye out on Facebook and follow both pubs they regularly advertise.

Hop Pole was excellent few weeks back. Lots of cars from SCD. About £5m quid parked up!

I joined Northern Sports and Supercar club. Free to join, run routes through the Peaks and up as far north as Blakey Ridge area if anyone wants to get involved with that.

It’s a friendly bunch lots of different cars. Only 1 lotus at the moment

Welcome, very nice looking car you have there, I had a Signature Orange 350 Sport for a year and still have a soft spot for a bright orange Exige :) 

I'm probably not too far from you, just across one hill and into the Peak District, near to the village of Eyam. What part of Sheffield are you?

Keep an eye on the events section for Peak District or Midland tick runs - they are generally on a Sunday morning (for clear roads)  although we really ought to try some evenings etc for a change. You have to be quick though if you want a place though, due to CV restrictions we place a limit of 6 cars in a group and these places always fill up very quickly.

Welcome, very nice looking car you have there, I had a Signature Orange 350 Sport for a year and still have a soft spot for a bright orange Exige  
I'm probably not too far from you, just across one hill and into the Peak District, near to the village of Eyam. What part of Sheffield are you?
Keep an eye on the events section for Peak District or Midland tick runs - they are generally on a Sunday morning (for clear roads)  although we really ought to try some evenings etc for a change. You have to be quick though if you want a place though, due to CV restrictions we place a limit of 6 cars in a group and these places always fill up very quickly.

Thanks loving it and to be fair love looking at other members different models and colour combinations, some really nice variety out there.

Based at Aston, but grew up at Stannington so the Peak District was my old hunting ground

Will keep an eye on the boards hopefully catch up with you soon or happy to arrange a “non official” drive out for local members??

Ah ok, Aston is more Rotherham side (the right Aston?) so a few extra hills between us :lol:

Anyhow I'm out of the picture for a month, 2 weeks holiday then 2 weeks isolation so no runs for me for a while :( You lot had better behave yourselves while I'm away!

Welcome Matt.....I've not been on here much this year with all that's being going on, and I've missed most of the club runs this year, but would be great to see you on one.

Fellow previous VX220 owner here too, but I see you're in Aston? Well that's a coincidence, 'cos so am I...... :) I think I might have seen an orange flash not long ago.

Think we connected via Instagram last week.... (I'm @alpinetracks)

Welcome Matt.....I've not been on here much this year with all that's being going on, and I've missed most of the club runs this year, but would be great to see you on one.
Fellow previous VX220 owner here too, but I see you're in Aston? Well that's a coincidence, 'cos so am I......  I think I might have seen an orange flash not long ago.
Think we connected via Instagram last week.... (I'm @alpinetracks)

Thanks!

Great to have a local buddy!

We should organise a run out while the evening s are still doable....

Went out round the peaks last night with a local chap who has an R8 V10. Some nice sound sup Winnatts....

Archived