litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension alignment in Midlands

Italian Job

Just bought my first Lotus, a lovely 111R, can't see any recent record of it having its alignment done.

I'm taking it to the Nurburgring this summer and plan on a couple of track days in this country hopefully prior to that.

Can any one recommend someone in the Midlands who they have used recently to check and adjust it for me if necessary? Ive searched and most threads are pretty old. I'm based in Belper but don't mind travelling for good service.

I'm thinking 340r settings as a starting point from the research ive done but definitely open to opinion, standard Bilstein dampers fitted . 

Cheers Paul.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul

Paul at PJS did mine as part of its service. Would recommend PJS Lotus great service and very knowledgeable, also Lotus factory approved.

Rich

Welcome to MLOC Paul, my first ever track experience was in my first Lotus at the Nurburgring...very exhilarating! Not sure I'd still have the bottle to do it again now though 😄

Another recommendation for PJS Sports cars, and not too far from you either.

Thank you, ive done a very slow lap once before in a TVR that I owned, low point of that lap was getting over taken by a focus estate. :)  Track knowledge is massively valuable there isn't it? I'll be taking it steady, just treating it like a road I don't know and driving to what I can see. Such a cool place though, can't wait to go back.

Ive had a look on the PJS website, seems like its well worth a visit.

Cheers Paul. 

I would stick to the Lotus factory geometry if you have standard springs, dampers and tyres. The 340R is a very different thing, it has stiffer springs, dampers, wider front tyres, is much lighter and so on.

If you decide to change springs, dampers, wheels and tyres (I have done this because I wanted a much more track-biased car) then something like the 340R geometry might make sense.  PJS can advise you though.  Good luck with it.

By the way, Lotus on Track track days are great for Elises - safe, well run and the drivers are all sensible and courteous in my experience.

Your advice is exactly what Paul at PJS has just said on the phone, makes perfect sense. Thanks again for the recommendation for PJS, friendly and helpful on the phone, always a good sign. Its booked in for a check later on in the month and any adjustments needed if its out of factory spec. 

Cheers Paul.

Great stuff Paul, I had a long chat to Paul Shipley recently and he’s a great chap.  PJS are very well regarded as you can see, and we are lucky to have an excellent official Lotus service centre and superb independents in the Midlands.

• 2 weeks later...

Well PJS gets a big thumbs up from me. Friendly and knowledgeable sums up everyone I dealt with. Car drives spot on. Will definitely return and would have no hesitation recommending based on my experience .

Archived