litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Shes a keeper, at least for now!

DanMM

Hi Everyone

After being royally messed around and eventually let down by someone who was supposed to be buying my car and the exciting prospect of summer just around around the corner I've decided to keep hold of my Elise S for a little longer and intend on taking her to Le Mans for the 24 hour before re-advertising. 

My car has covered nearly 30k miles and although the car has a fresh MOT, is fully serviced and is huge fun there are a few jobs I plan on taking care of and wanted to document my progress on here and maybe ask for the odd bit of advice along the way.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations or advice anyone can give.

My list so far:

Front clam respray

Body coloured centre console and heater control surround

New front towing eye bracket

Suspension refresh,  including new bushes, bearings ARB links etc

Exhaust heat-shield replacement

TRD Air-box and filter

MWR lift kit

Hopefully have an update soon, but here's a few pics for now.

Dan

IMG_9540.thumb.jpg.d8fe9d7af3f52aaaaf3259c317421385.jpg

IMG_9468.thumb.jpg.fcbacba8465e284e507a3cc2887c607f.jpg

IMG_9514.thumb.jpg.88fcf25b60fd6564729bd948f33cedad.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, is this the car with the scratch on the front clam, caused by a bicycle? If so then I remember seeing it advertised (was very tempted to  be honest!) and I thought at the time that what the car needed was some black tri-stripes (in vinyl) to cover the scratch :)

However, you can't sell it now as you will be needing it for Lotus in the Peak :tup:

Hi Duncx

Yeah its that car! Hence the front clam respray. I’ve been contemplating having the front clamshell painted since it happened but didn’t want any potential buyers to think that the fresh paint was hiding anything more sinister.

A bad paint job would also look miles worse than the small scratch on an otherwise clean car so decided to just advertise the car as is.

Some people are almost insultingly unrealistic about how much cheaper the car should be because of damage so I’m now thinking I’ll get it fixed.

I’ve had a couple of quotes from different body shops that I’ve had work done by before but after reading good things about Dr.Bodyshop and Option 1 I’d like to get quotes from them too.

Does anyone know of anything apart from the towing eye post and rad which are worth doing while  the front clam is off? 

74BADFFE-C27B-4268-AC67-C763CA0A4454.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, while you have the front off, I would get the resistor pack done if you haven't already, it's only about £35 also have the horn replaced as they often rust up too, agree about the radiator, had mine replaced with all aluminium, after all who wants the plastic connections blowing at altitude, not good! That aside lovely car, I have the exact same car with similar mileage just down the road in N'pton. Might see you at Lotus in the Peak 2019??

Regards the centre console etc you could do worse than go to these guys, pricing is very good, have a drive down on one of their Saturday breakfast clubs and they will show you around the upholstery room if you ask, the smell of the new leather is wonderful ... https://allonwhite.co.uk/lotus-car-interiors-trimming/lotus-elise-centre-tunnel-cover/lotus-elise-centre-console

Archived