Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

HABC

Repairs in Derby

11 posts in this topic

Some womann ran into my car yesterday, did not cause much damage, however I do want to get it sorted quickly.

Does anyone know where in Derby I can take it for an estimate and that will do a good job.

Dave

For a Lotus you could try Gavin at Unit 4 in Burton-on-Trent. He's got good reviews for servicing etc.on the forum. I've used him before but not for damage - he may have a recommendation at least.

If it needs a Lotus expert you cannot do better than Gavin at Unit 4, as above.  If it's just paint work and filling, Complete Car Cosmetics in Ascot Drive did a great job on my S2 Exige. Mention the guy with the black Exige gave the recommendation.

One of the other local(ish) shops did the sills on the car (twice) and the paint chipped off in 20 miles.  CCC put the sills right and resprayed the front clam and splitter for less than the original estimate as I had done some of the prep.

I have fully warned them on the perils of jacking up a Lotus, so they did mine with no lifting.

Keith.

Gav did the bodywork on mine with a full body off respray about 3 (4?) years ago and happy to recommend him. He didn't do the spraying, but has a good contact.

Also agree with CCC, who did the front of our Jag when someone shunted the front end across, damaging various stuff underneath as well.

Chartwells on pride park are the high end place in Derby city centre.  They are the ferrari and Aston approved body shop. A few of our company exec type cars have gone through there when insurance claims.  Always come back as good as new.

On 16/07/2017 at 09:10, timbo said:

Unit 4 uses Edmonds Auto Refinishing near Swadlincote for a lot of the work that goes there.

I had my Exige S2 sprayed via Edmonds and would fully recommend them.

My Stratos replica is booked in at Edmonds for its paint job.

Edited by Dr H

GAV is your man for the mechanical stuff you won't go wrong and Alan S1 and Dr H are correct for bodywork and paint best to deal direct !!! 

Thanks for all the info.

Car is done and ready for Wales road trip

So where did you go after all?