litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Finally Got A Real One..

lukevx

£10 sent smile.png

Ill pass on the Evora badges for now - Will give you a shout in 2-3 years time when we have a couple of minime's running around and I'm in the market for one! laugh.png

char_zpsv7eariwy.jpg

Good man.  I donate £10 per month - it's a fantastic charity and one that could benefit all of us (well, us blokes anyway!!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up yesterday, fantastic run back through the peaks. Really pleased with the car :)

Just finished fitting the badges - think they are straight!

Thanks again Eric.

post-5234-144520712602_thumb.jpg

Picked up yesterday, fantastic run back through the peaks. Really pleased with the car smile.png

Just finished fitting the badges - think they are straight!

Thanks again Eric.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1445207124.192360.jpg

You are very welcome.  You've got yourself a cracking Exige there Luke, and it looks so much better with the black LOTUS letters smile.png.

How does it compare to the VX on acceleration (and braking, and cornering)?

You are very welcome.  You've got yourself a cracking Exige there Luke, and it looks so much better with the black LOTUS letters smile.png.

How does it compare to the VX on acceleration (and braking, and cornering)?

I agree looks far better with the letters - thankyou smile.pngsmile.png

I've not spent a huge amount of time driving it yet but feel i can draw some reasonable comparisons.

My VX was very nicely setup (Stage 1+ 235bhp 256 lbs/ft - Nitron 46s 17/16 Wheels and Matt Bentley Geo)

Engine wise the Exige is undoubtedly quicker overall - the VX definitely has more shove down low the rev range because of the torque but that often led to me being lazy, i love the fact you have to work the gearbox in the Exige a little more, the smaller gaps between gears is also noticeable when doing this. I still keep shifting at around 5.5-6k rpm in the Lotus through habit and sound i guess - on the occasions I do remember ive got another 2.5-3k rpm to play with I do get a little giddy! laugh.png 

Biggest difference is in how it delivers the power, i was never chasing numbers with the VX map and wanted the smoothest power delivery I could get (and compared to any other Turbo I drove mine was very smooth) but the power delivery and throttle response on the Exige is significantly better and really does suit the chassis more.

Cornering wise its more difficult to compare but on standard dampers and unknown geo its not a million miles off where the VX was in pure performance terms and noticeably more composed on bumpier roads, so im very happy and questioning my plan to drop some Quantum singles on it in spring.. The steering feel is slightly better in the Exige but that could be down to castor settings, its far more composed on faster corners than the VX ever was on standard dampers (maybe downforce related?). It had a little more front roll than the VX (will be spring weight related) but I've notched the front ARB up to 1 hole from stiffest which seems to have cured this and there isn't a hint of additional u/s.

Brakes are much better but I expected this with it having the 4 pots and 308mm belled discs! Not sure what pads are in them but better in terms of feel, power, modulation than I ever had with a variety of pads in the VX. Its nice than the 4chan ABS works also - the 2chan in the VX was borderline dangerous on bumpy roads and was switched off 99% of the time.

Overall I'm really pleased, its a little bit better than the VX in lots of different ways which added up does make it a noticeably nicer/better car but it really strikes home just how amazing a well sorted VX is for the money considering its about 50% of the cost of the Exige.

I know what you mean Luke.

I was brought up with lotus with my dad having a elan s4 from new. When I was 21 I was desperate to get my own but insurance at the time crucified me so bought vx220 as it was less than half.

I have to say that the 2 years I owned one I was so impressed with it and the total lack of knowledge from people constantly stopping to ask what it was.

1 house 4 motorbikes later I'm in the car I always dreamed of back then a s2 exige and I have to say it just feels like home when driving it of that makes sense. I've just got a few more bits to do to it ( so I keep telling the wife) but then I will be totally happy with the car.

The only downside for me is the lack of roof of motoring, as I can't bare to take the full scoop off it looks to good.

The upside to that is I've just been round my Dad's and he's planning to buy another elan, this time a sprint to sit alongside his other...... Could be the answer I was looking for on sunny days.

We're coming from the same place Kieran. S2 Exige was always a dream car for me (still hasn't really sunk in I now own one) and the VX got me 90% of the way there for less than 50% of the cost.

Never really saw the fuss of roof off driving before but I will miss it come summer, having a heater that actually works is a big benefit at the moment though!

Just fitted a 2bular last night, wasn't planned (slightly drunken SELOC classifieds purchase!) can't believe how easy it was compared to the VX, will take it for a blast this weekend to see what difference it makes but it certainly sounded a bit more purposeful moving it off the ramps in the garage.

Getting closer on the forged wheels front as then I'm done... For now :D

(gratuitous picture content)

DSC_0502_zps7hbjc3om.jpg

Hahaha same as me.... Funnily enough I've got the quicksilver exhaust off your car.

Will be changing for a 2Bular full system over the winter though. I know what you mean. I bought a set of forged wheels a few months ago, now refurbished and ready to go on the car next week.

Cracking photos like Dean said. Mines a little bit of a garage Queen this time of year.

Archived