litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda Engine Elise Build

danwebster

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you make Brum, brum noises when trying the pedal?

It's more of a wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa than a brum brum with v-tec! wink.pngsmile.png

Coming along nicely Dan. Looking forward to seeing it out on track soon!

Could the dremel be the best invention ever? I think it might be...

I always liked the look of my old car with the rear clam cut away...

elise003.jpg

So i've done the same on this one too...

null_zpsa2a40242.jpg

Not only will this aid cooling but it'll be a huge help when I come to shoehorn in the massive GT3 back box i've somehow got to get in there, so i've dropped the clam on so I can start measuring up.

null_zps1952fd27.jpg

I quite like this view :P

null_zps4c1ce331.jpg

Ride height isn't far off either...

null_zps92866877.jpg

Not a very exciting update today pop pickers, but I have taken delivery of some grub screws which I am using to block up all the unnecessary holes in the plenum like so....

Crank case breather...

null_zps6190aaf3.jpg

Brake servo...

null_zps6687b6cf.jpg

I've also done a bit more work getting my gear linkage to fit nicely, i'm in the middle of welding up some stays for the gear cables which I will finish over the weekend.

This afternoon was very productive, although tricky.

I purchased a huge double pass exige GT3 back box off another seloc member a while back and hoped it would fit. I want the exhaust to be fairly quiet and hopefully this will do the job without hurting the power at all.

I purchased a few bends and straight sections of 2.5" pipe from demon thieves and set about making it all fit and incredibly it does, perfectly.

null_zps3c6603e5.jpg

null_zpsa8c5e5be.jpg

Welded the hangers on and fixed the original mounts to the longerons:

null_zps0d624d52.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how its all turned out, I just need to weld all the joins up now that its positioned.

null_zps51721fb8.jpg

null_zps6eae64da.jpg

I have a fingers width all the way around the bottom of the clam too, perfect :D

null_zpsff44f150.jpg

It's nice to see an exhaust in the car now, feels like I'm getting somewhere near to the end.

Big day today, or at least it felt like it.

I've had a long list of little jobs hanging over me for some time now. Nothing difficult, just stuff that needs doing at some point and today I struck a load off the list.

First off I put my knob on, just because :D

null_zpsb082c286.jpg

Then I relieved the underside of the subframe where it gets very close to the exhaust manifold. No pictures of that.

I also measured up my driveshafts ready for them to be machined and electron beam welded back together.

Then I set fitted all of my brakes back up which makes the car pretty much complete now bar getting the engine running. That was a good moment.

I considered a bright colour for the calipers, as you do, but then I thought i'd just paint them black, seeing as its not a two hundred thousand pound supercar with carbon brakes laugh.png

null_zps1b7ac462.jpg

null_zpsd700dfe4.jpg

Then I set my ride height to 100 / 105 as a starting point.

null_zps8a1bd2c2.jpg

And fixed the tow bar back in...

null_zps770e45c4.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have enough fluid lying around to bleed the brakes, so that can wait until next time.

As far as the engine is concerned, I'm awaiting delivery of my FPR and two hose ends for the oil pipes. Once they turn up I can finish the fuel and oil plumbing and then its ready to run, so fingers crossed i'll be firing it up next weekend...

My brother has donated the air filter from his old impreza, rated at over 300hp odd so should be adequate for me…a bit of pipe and hose and hey presto we have an induction kit :D

null_zps532375ed.jpg

It’ll do for now…

As a rule I don't like private plates, they hardly ever say what the owner intends without some creative thinking, but this was extremely cheap and to the untrained eye looks like any other number plate.

null_zpsb16fe70e.jpg

:D

Archived