litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Evora Featured On Bbc Top Gear

Mark H

The Lotus Evora, tested by Jeremy Clarkson, will be reviewed on UK television in the first programme of a brand new series of Top Gear this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

Further details about other activities in the show can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/next_episode.shtml

Series 13 is GO!

Start your engines, don your crash helmets and look both ways before crossing the street - Top Gear is back!

The brand new series begins this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two and, even if we do say so ourselves, it's going to be a bit of a corker.

Kicking things off on the very first show, we fire up the time-machine and discover what Top Gear would have looked like if it had been made in the 1950s. Fortunately this doesn't mean the return of rationing and TB, but rather a massive race from London to Edinburgh between a glorious vintage Jaguar, a Vincent Black Shadow motorbike and a chuffing great steam locomotive.

Not to give too much away, but the sight of Clarkson shovelling a small mountain of coal by hand is not one you want to miss.

Other treats we have in store during the series include our attempt to solve the problem of airport delays, a guide to ice-racing on a budget and the usual blend of news, reviews and celebrity chat you've come to know and love.

Never has a show that's basically about three men in a tin shed been so much fun...

The new series of Top Gear begins Sunday 21st June on BBC Two

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well.......

short but sweat review of the evora.

its errrrr. soft to drive in a field., clarkson likes it....they reckon its aimed at mid fifties buyers, and its slower than a exige round the track

hmmm...and it still looks a bit ..odd

im sorry to say i dont think it will be helping sales much...not hindering either but then again folk dont watch top gear for the insight any more, just the entertainment.

anyone else reckon schumacher couldn't get near hamiltons time in the car so chose to make a comedy segment instead??

great show..i've seen that train close up and its an awesome bit of engineering...long live top gear...now come on bbc introduce a tv equivelent of "evo" and you will have another ratings winner

richbk

In the train/bike/car race, did anyone else spot the S1 Elise passing Hammond in one of the rain storms?

Like the look of the Evora. Bit of a strange review I thought. Didn't really show you a great deal of the car - spent more time spinning round in a field instead...

Think that the Stig being revealed as Schumacher was a stunt too.

Hi all,

Agree it was a great review on Evora - as for trim, Clarkson has to find something to dislike with ANY car he likes (doesn't make good telly otherwise)

If you want to see it in the flesh, we have it at a special launch weekend over the 18th/19th July - Ring Andy or Mark at Stratstone Leicester for more details.

I still think that it looks a bit odd, the pinch on the sides makes it look like someone left the sills off and the front in too boxy and looks like a Nissan 350z IMHO. It looks better moving than it does still.

The Back looks great, but the front and back still looks like they are different cars welded together.

Bit disappointing with the 0-60 and the lap time given everything that was said about the handling. Certainly not an Esprit replacement.

Even though I don't go on the track with the Lotuses I have owned, I would rather spend my money on the Exige S 240 than the Evora IMHO.

I thought it was a very good episode of top gear!

I knew clarkson would give the Evora a good review after his Sunday Times Review of it a couple of months back, but always good to see a Lotus on Prime Time!

I too saw the Elise overtake Hammond.

Who else was amazed with the FXX?? :wacko:

Who else was amazed with the FXX?? :wacko:

Amazed by the time, and the glowing brakes, but I was too busy hurling up at its looks. Absolutely disgusting 'thing' ;)

Amazed by the time, and the glowing brakes, but I was too busy hurling up at its looks. Absolutely disgusting 'thing' :wacko:

I agree that it was a pretty dam ugly car, but the noise and the speed was good. I think that was the only reason Sch was on the show to drive it as Ferrari doesnt let them out very often.

Hi all,

Agree it was a great review on Evora - as for trim, Clarkson has to find something to dislike with ANY car he likes (doesn't make good telly otherwise)

If you want to see it in the flesh, we have it at a special launch weekend over the 18th/19th July - Ring Andy or Mark at Stratstone Leicester for more details.

Ooo I have been waiting for this for months, count me in :wacko:

Archived