Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lightweight Battery

russelld

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I could not resist the chance to save another 5 or 6kg so have got one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-selling-Lithium-ion-motorcycle-battery-JMT-YTX20CH-BS-75-lighter-/281977252589?hash=item41a7276aed:g:0zwAAOSwwpdW8odT

I have modified my PC680 bracket to take either battery. I will let you know how it lasts     smile.png

I have bought the smaller lighter one at under 1kg ohmy.gif  Been assured it will start my car with ease, we will see !

Also bought an Odyssey for the road.

I erred on the side of caution and got the next size up. It starts the car ok. I will see how long it lasts without being started next week.

These are exciting developments!

A very inexpensive way to save a lot of weight if they work.

Indeed.I have been trying to save some weight for the sprinting next year. It is very expensive. For instance 2 x Tillett seats would save me about 6kg. I cant justify the cost for that saving. Once you have done the obvious it not easy or cheap.

I could not resist the chance to save another 5 or 6kg so have got one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-selling-Lithium-ion-motorcycle-battery-JMT-YTX20CH-BS-75-lighter-/281977252589?hash=item41a7276aed:g:0zwAAOSwwpdW8odT

I have modified my PC680 bracket to take either battery. I will let you know how it lasts     smile.png

Martin, any reason you went for that over the Odyssey that is cheaper? Is it a better/lighter battery?

Miles, as i say im trying to save some weight for the sprinting next year without breaking the bank. I have an Oddessy 680 already the weights are.

Standard S2 battery approx 13 kg

Oddessy 680 + bracket approx 7 kg 

Lithium ion as in link + bracket approx 1.5 kg.

The lithium ion in the link also has a small button on the top and a small 3 led display indicating its condition. I went for the slightly bigger one with 360 cca and it starts the car easy. We will see how it lasts.   :)

Miles, as i say im trying to save some weight for the sprinting next year without breaking the bank. I have an Oddessy 680 already the weights are.

Standard S2 battery approx 13 kg

Oddessy 680 + bracket approx 7 kg 

Lithium ion as in link + bracket approx 1.5 kg.

The lithium ion in the link also has a small button on the top and a small 3 led display indicating its condition. I went for the slightly bigger one with 360 cca and it starts the car easy. We will see how it lasts.   smile.png

Wow that really is a weight saving, I hadn't clocked that in earlier posts! Makes sense now :)

What weight are you trying to get the car down to Martin?

Its about 745 kg empty at the moment Alan. Im not aiming at any particular figure. I have done most of the obvious and anything else gets prohibitively expensive or compromises safety and road use. Also more power is expensive once you have got to 190 ish.

Archived