Jump to content

litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie


Jackf

Recommended Posts

Dunc - Thanks for the nod!!  Jack and I have already been messaging prior to my eBay post!!  He’s looking for something a little different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, duncx said:

Oh, so I guess you wouldn't be interested in my Cup 250 then?  :(   :lol:

20230903_080915.thumb.jpg.0afd90353cad98a5b8e82b5b0089b746.jpg

Errrrmm ! I believe I’ve got first dibs on the cup 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jack,

When the chaps at work first saw my Elise I got ripped a new one because it was too bland!!! 🤣 My next Lotus will be a bright colour!!!

I’ve narrowed my choice down to 3 and Jack certainly wouldn’t like 2 of them.    Subtle they are not!!!!

Edited by Guido
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Guido said:

Jack,

When the chaps at work first saw my Elise I got ripped a new one because it was too bland!!! 🤣 My next Lotus will be a bright colour!!!

I’ve narrowed my choice down to 3 and Jack certainly wouldn’t like 2 of them.    Subtle they are not!!!!

Your workmates must have some lairy stuff if that’s the case!

Look forward to seeing what you get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Oakman said:

One for you Jack,

My S1 in Nautilus Blue - which is rich dark green in sunlight and very deep blue in the shade.

* Elise S1.jpg

Gorgeous!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jackf said:

Your workmates must have some lairy stuff if that’s the case!

Look forward to seeing what you get.

Ha!  One particular colleague calls me John Major because my car is so grey!!

 

IMG_3412.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, been to see a red s2, seems tidy enough and I quite like it. 
The seller sent me some pictures of in the wheel arches, just wondering why the bit of chassis I’ve circled green has gone brown. Is it normal?

Don't think it’s dirt.

Probably nothing but thought I’d ask.

cheers

IMG_1710.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jackf said:

Hi all, been to see a red s2, seems tidy enough and I quite like it. 
The seller sent me some pictures of in the wheel arches, just wondering why the bit of chassis I’ve circled green has gone brown. Is it normal?

Don't think it’s dirt.

Probably nothing but thought I’d ask.

cheers

IMG_1710.jpeg

Its probably dirt. Cant see what else it could be, its pure aluminium there. Get some close up pics, and ask them if it wipes off....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave-hp said:

Its probably dirt. Cant see what else it could be, its pure aluminium there. Get some close up pics, and ask them if it wipes off....

As said, probably nothing.   Depending on mileage and usage history (dry / largely dry / all weathers) I’d be more concerned about the front upper wishbone mounts and how they have fared.   The aluminium can corrode due to electrolysis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say dirt aswell. If you look at one of the horizontal lines of red glue infront of the chassis leg that seems to have the same colour dirt aswell. You know who the best person to ask is of course 😉!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks again chaps, one of them where I forgot to look when I was actually there 🤦🏻‍♂️ it’s been mot’d in December every year so I’m guessing it’s seen salt.

If that’s what causes the wishbone mounts to corrode, or is it the two different metal's that do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use