litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise s3 Speakers .

Mattielad

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Focals seem to be the ones mentioned a lot.. But I have heard some say they are not worth the trouble of changing them.

I got as far as almost ordering some myself.

I enjoy a nice stereo as must as any fella, but I can't say I use the lotus one at all.  If I am doing longer, duller journeys in a Lotus, I tend to stick a pair of quality earbuds in which have the dual function of quietening the journey and producing better sound.

I also wear headphones if i'm doing a long journey.  With the speakers you have to turn the music up so loud to really appreciate it over the top of the road and wind noise that it feels like it's making an already dangerous situation worse.   I already get that "it's 3am and the club has closed" feeling after a long journey, without the added sound pressure from a stereo boosted to overcome it.

On top of that, even if you replace the speakers they're still tiny little things and there's no bass response at all.  When I had my VX I remember meeting someone at an event who had put one of those slimline subwoofers that are meant to go under seats in normal cars behind the seats in the VX on the little shelf, but it still wasn't particularly effective, and he'd lost a pretty valuable storage space 

I do get what your all saying about the speakers and is it really worth it ? But . When I have the wife in the car , I have to.  Well drive like an old man if you get what I mean . SO !  I was thinking if the music was a little louder . She wouldn't hear the exhaust so much  😆

1 hour ago, Mattielad said:

I do get what your all saying about the speakers and is it really worth it ? But . When I have the wife in the car , I have to.  Well drive like an old man if you get what I mean . SO !  I was thinking if the music was a little louder . She wouldn't hear the exhaust so much  😆

Matt, I've told you, all audio equipment should be removed - what would Colin say?! 😂😂

9 hours ago, Mattielad said:

I like your style😂.  How about earbuds for your good lady then, and you can enjoy the exhaust noise without having it ruined by Michael Buble.

4 hours ago, PJT said:

I like your style😂.  How about earbuds for your good lady then, and you can enjoy the exhaust noise without having it ruined by Michael Buble.

Good idea 💡 👏.  Need to find a person that sells pills lol 😆 😂 🤣 

Archived