Sign in to follow this  
C1RVY

Driving experience ideas please.

I need some help finding a good car related present for my sons 15th birthday. 

He’s car mad & dying to have a proper driving experience.  We did the typical groupon supercar jobbie a couple of years back & it was rubbish. 

Any recommendations guys?

Many thanks

Hi,

My lad has done a few of the "young driver" days. 1 hour with a proper driving instructor learning how to actually drive rather than ragging an old fezza in 2nd in a straight line.

not as "cool" as a supercar day, but my lad really felt like he was learning to drive. 

failing that, there is a rally school near belfast that would make a cool weekend away 

richbk

If you do decide to book let me know and i'll see if I can book on as well. It's literally 5 minutes from my house and I keep meaning to :)

Edited by MilesH

22 hours ago, MilesH said:

If you do decide to book let me know and i'll see if I can book on as well. It's literally 5 minutes from my house and I keep meaning to :)

Will do mate - cheers

Having done a couple I've had as gifts then id go down the line of a single seater (formula ford type) or rally. 

Much more of an 'experience' than a handful of laps some random nail of a supercar IMO.

Edited by lukevx

Cheers guys for the input

Looks like we’ll be doing the rally experience- it suits us well as my lad can be doing it the same time as me ;-)

Just need to sort a date now

Sounds good, I did the ‘young driver’ thing with both my girls when they were 15, they enjoyed that.

One has asked for a super car driving experience, so I’m looking at the 3 super car experience for her at Prestwold, but you don’t seem to get much for your money at these days.

or I may give her the Exige keys In tescos car park :-) 

23 hours ago, John FISH Curtis said:

Go to Chilwell retail park and chuck him your Exige car keys.

#itswherescattyusedtohangout

edit

"itswherescattystillhangsout