litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Old Tools - free to a good home

Dr H

My parents are moving (and downsizing) so having a big clear out. My dad was worried about his old tools and wanted then to go to someone who would use them. He was fretting over it and my mum was fretting over him fretting so I ended up stepping in and agreeing to take them - but I don't need them. There isn't a massive amount and it's all old but still very usable.

2.5 tonne trolley jack. Very heavy and sturdy.

I pair of steel ramps blue with some rust but solid.

Socket set in steel case. AF MM and BA (which I'd never heard of!)

Manual impact driver - the sort you hit with a hammer

Range of spanners.

Pair of mole grips, pair of pliers

Lots of other bits and bobs. like files and the like.

Free to a good home. My Dad would be happy to know they went to someone who wanted them.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Leigh, I've just had this pop up on my phone - pretty sure my father in law could be interested in some of this, he's an ex Rolls Royce Principal Engineer of 40 years and is proper old school! He has lots of old tools but is forever gathering more, as he still works with imperial and other old measurements....

I'm 99% sure he would make very good use of the socket set, the impact driver and perhaps the spanners, depending on what they are?

I may also be interested in the trolley jack myself, so I'll check with John and come back to you....

3 minutes ago, kieranexige said:

This could be what Scatty has been on the look for...... 

Yeah, imperial spanners are no good on an Elise/Exige /Evora but it wouldn't matter to Scatty :lol:

Sorry Scatty........:)

5 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Hi Leigh, I've just had this pop up on my phone - pretty sure my father in law could be interested in some of this, he's an ex Rolls Royce Principal Engineer of 40 years and is proper old school! He has lots of old tools but is forever gathering more, as he still works with imperial and other old measurements....

I'm 99% sure he would make very good use of the socket set, the impact driver and perhaps the spanners, depending on what they are?

I may also be interested in the trolley jack myself, so I'll check with John and come back to you....

Hi Dave

Socket set isn't very big that has the AF and BA stuff. Lots of imperial spanners. There is also another socket set - will check what it is. I'll have a proper look through tomorrow night and let you know what's in there.

Just let me know if he's interested.

Bit late, could have murdered for some imperial spanners taking apart the carb on my Briggs + Stratton mower last weekend. (Case of make do and mend with an old cheapy imperial set and a grinder sorted it though :) ) Why do 'Murikans insist on being so backward? :P

As for BA... I'd heard of AF (aka American Fread) and WW (Whitworth) but BA is a new one on me.

Archived