litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Very Local Mlocers Available To Lend Me A Hand For 10 Mins

Dr H

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK chaps. I managed to get done what I needed so can turn the chassis this weekend if anyone is around? The OH is at work all weekend so I can do it whenever it's convienient. I reckon we should be OK with 2 people (plus me) but three would be easier.

I'm free from about 11am on Sat and all day Sun.

Cheers

Massive thanks to Reg, Elaine and Neil (Pie Warrior) who just helped to turn the cahssis over.

Gotta love MLOC :clap:

Pleased to be able to assist! It was nice to catch up with you & meet Neil. :cool:

I reckon Elaine could have managed it in her own :)

Hahaha Somehow, I don't think so... Well, not in a controlled manner anyway! :D

Good to see you both.

Before you arrived Neil reminded me that I'd actually met him before! Sorry Neil - I have the memory of a goldfiish.....

BTW, Your Landy is very cool cool.png

The cab heater and cup holder in the back did it for me!

Erm....not quite ready yet. But it's your fault. All your talk of cavity waxing etc. got me thinking and the general consensus seems to be that it would be a very good Idea to wax the chassis internally. So i'm now looking at waxes and the like. Will need to drill some holes to get access to the enclosed sections and then plug them with bungs - but apparently it will be worth while.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's not taken six months, but still took too long!

After waiting for bits to be made and now finally having them fitted (was easier to fit them whilst it was upside down), stonechipping and cavity waxing the chassis is finally ready to flip over again!

Anyone offer any helplater this week or at the weekend?

Cheers all.

Archived