litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Very Local Mlocers Available To Lend Me A Hand For 10 Mins

Dr H

My Stratos build is going rather slowly. Partly due to life getting in the way and partly due to me wanting to do things in a very specific way and constantly adding to my 'to-do' list . I’m usually on the point of fitting something and then decide there might be a better way to do it smile.png. So I'm still pretty much at a bare chassis after 6 weeks. rolleyes.gif

I've decided that I want to completely stone chip the underside of the chassis. I need to do this before I put anything of any substance in the car because to do it I'll need to turn the chassis over.

It's currently on a build trolley on casters. I need to lift it off and lay it on its 'roof'. It's heavy and I reckon I need another 2 (or poss 3) people to help and then the same to put it back on the trolley when it's finished a few days later.

It’s only going to take 10 mins to do but I haven’t got many friends nerd.giflaugh.png so was wondering if there are any very local MLOCERs who could pop round and lend some muscle. Happy to supply tea/coffee/beer and chat about things car related!

Will probably need to do it week after next. I can do anythime within reason.

Cheers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly hard to say if I'm very local, as I don't know where in Leicestershire you are ;) 

I'd happily give you a hand on a Saturday/Sunday if it's not too far (or I can combine it with a little run out ;) ), unfortunately weekdays are out for me.

Get some of those burly builders on the other side of the fence to help...

That had crossed my mind, but perhaps not!

Thanks for all the offers guys. I'll try and get something planned and then see who is about.

Good old MLOC clap.gif

Hi - I would most likely be able to help out with this even in the week (around school picks & drops!).

Please just give me a shout as required.

Murray

Your not planning on a Donington excursion again?

Your not planning on a Donington excursion again?

Don't give up the day job for a career in comedy John!

I need to get some brakelines fitted before I turn the chassis so I can seal the holes from the brackets once it's upside down.

I'll keep you guys posted and let you know when I need a lift. Cheers again for all the offers of help.

Archived