Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darryl

Evora Write Up

13 posts in this topic

Very good, thanks for that.

Biggest problem for the Evora is the Cayman, especially the Cayman S (and now the Cayman GTS). The Evora is just too expensive and compromised compared to a similarly spec.ed Porka.

I'm a massive Lotus fan but the Evora really needs a 10 grand price drop to make it properly attractive.

But the cayman doesn't have the seats in the back for kids, so well priced compared to a 911.

, cayman will become like the boxster, a few years down the line and it will lost near all it's value through depreciation , every female hair dresser has a caymen these days. Infact I've never seen a man drive a cayman. you only need to look at s1 Elise's vs similar age boxster. Lotus going for 8-12k , porky going for 3-5k

I could really dig an Evora in the same red as Erics exige with a black roof.

Biggest problem for the Evora is the Cayman, especially the Cayman S (and now the Cayman GTS).

I'm convinced it is a better handling car than the Cayman (just) . But porsche does everything else very very well, so for most people the Cayman (or a 911) will win the day.

I wouldn't swap mine though!

Chris is far too well mannered to say so but his dad currently owns a very fine Porsche indeed. I suspect it's not his first either.

I have owned 3 from new Dean, best ownership ever from hand over to dealer customer service, everything was perfect. I really couldn't make a comparison to the Evora but if the experts say a Cayman is better I'm inclined to believe them especially if they actually take the time to give the reason why. Saying that I think the Cayman is better looking, has a better interior and is probably a better ownership proposition but I'd rather own an Evora, that's a real hairdressers car, right there ;-)

I could really dig an Evora in the same red as Erics exige with a black roof.

Dean,

you getting a family Lotus; Evora "sports racer"? I assume you will be allowed to drive it from Devonshire Arms on the Sunday morning run?

I have owned 3 from new Dean, best ownership ever from hand over to dealer customer service, everything was perfect. I really couldn't make a comparison to the Evora but if the experts say a Cayman is better I'm inclined to believe them especially if they actually take the time to give the reason why. Saying that I think the Cayman is better looking, has a better interior and is probably a better ownership proposition but I'd rather own an Evora, that's a real hairdressers car, right there ;-)

I have never owned or driven a Porsche and never will, I have driven an Evora and own an Evora S