Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danwebster

60 To 100 Time...

18 posts in this topic

On another forum I frequent the performance marker of choice is the time it takes to get from a steady state 60mph up to 100mph.

I had an impromptu attempt at a 60 to 100 run earlier on today. It had just started raining but the roads were only slightly damp so I wasn't expecting it to spin the wheels the instant I gave it full throttle in 3rd, so for the actual run I had to feed the throttle in slowly.

Couldn't actually see the speedo (what with me holding my phone and the steering wheel with one hand and the other on the gear stick) so had to guess the speed but i'll go and have a proper attempt with the go pro when it dries out.

I think it'll comfortably go under 5 in the dry :D

Are you sure you want to profess to doing that on a public highway whilst holding a phone?

Stunning again Dan....... After the short drive of your car before Christmas I was sold on a Honda conversion, this video is just another nail in the coffin for my K-series.

Better start a Honda conversion fund £££££

Stunning again Dan....... After the short drive of your car before Christmas I was sold on a Honda conversion, this video is just another nail in the coffin for my K-series.

Better start a Honda conversion fund £££££

Don't do it kosmo!

Or if you do can I have your rover k engine?

I didn't say it was a public highway!

Ah ok. Didn't want you to incriminate yourself.

3rd gear acceleration is fun in a honda.

Don't do it kosmo!

Or if you do can I have your rover k engine?

I'm a big fan of the K series but the Honda is another level in the Elise.....

This is my mate engine ready for this years VTec Challenge

....you could do some damage with that Dan.

Slightly dubious of that power figure...but I'll be building something similar myself this year anyway that'll do a genuine 200lb ft + and over 300hp normally aspirated...