litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rear Diffuser Groupbuy - ** Now With Pics Fitted **

M@r]{

I've been working with Hanger111 to come up with an extended 5 element rear diffuser for the S2 Elise and Exige. I had seen these ones over in the States, but by the time you add in shipping they come in at the best part of £700 fear2.gif

http://www.difflow.com/5element.html

There was a discussion over on Exiges.com where quite a few of them were looking at bulk ordering, however the shipping price made it uneconomical. So I thought I'd talk to Hangar 111 and see what they could come up with. My requirement was an extended diffuser, ie sticks out the back a little further, extra two elements in the middle and also the fins are a little longer. Overall making a more aggressive look without looking too aftermarket. Well today they have the prototype and have taken some pictures with it rested up against their car. I'm over the moon!! They are sending it to me to trial fit and to take some better pictures. However I thought I'd give my MLOC buddies an early viewing and also give them first dibs on a fantastic early order discount Hangar111 are giving to me:

Basically the first 6 orders get one of these for just £169 + vat - INCLUDING MAINLAND UK DELIVERY!!!!

Bargain of the fricking century!! Now I'm putting this up on here first to see if we can make the 6 just for MLOCers, however failing that it'll go on to SELOC and Exiges.com where I don't expect it will take long to fill the list!

As I said this is really early days, so at this point I don't have payment details or ETA of them. But if you put your name on the list you are confirming you 100% want one and will pay immediately when we have the details. Sorry to be a little abrupt with that statement, but if I rely on this list then someone backs out, it'll delay it for everyone whilst we find another person. This will piss me right off as I'm impatient and want everything yesterday smile.png So don't do it smile.png

As for fitment, they'll come with or without the hole for the exhaust underneath. So unless someone tells me different that means they are suitable for all variants of S2 Elise and Exige.

So, if you definitely want one and agree to pay up as soon as we have the details, add your name to the list. I'll put up a reserve list so people can add their name. That way on the off chance someone does back out they have the opportunity to contact someone on the reserve to 'buy their spot' Also if there is a lot of interest and I can persuade Hangar111 to increase the numbers for this price I'll do it based on that list. Again do not put your name on the reserves unless you 100% want one!

1) M@rk

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Reserves:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Here are a couple of pictures - I'll update this when I receive it and fit to my car, so hopefully get some better ones.

Img_2190.jpg

Img_2189.jpg

Disclaimer

This Group Buy is NOT in any way endorsed or organised by MLOC. As with any purchase you should be confident in the ability of the vendor to supply the goods before you pay.

In the event there is a subsequent complication or even loss of funds as a result of a group buy arranged via but not endorsed by the club, neither MLOC nor M@r]{ would offer any guarantee or any form of compensation of any kind.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tempted to go for one Mark, I managed to put a small hole in my current diffuser from the exhaust bracket moving around. Put me down for one, but i'd like to know if there will be a hole for my current exhaust that comes out the diffuser (toyota 111r) and i'd also like to know if it fits ok with the standard number plate holding panel (not sure what its real name is)

Cheers

Phil

As per the details in my first post the Diffusers will be available with or without the Exhaust hole. As for holes for numbers plate plinths, grill etc I should think so. I'm expecting to receive the Prototype tomorrow, so I should be able to report back then. However even if the prototype does not, I'm sure we can ask for them to be included so at this point assume they do :)

On a side note when I get the prototype fitted and taken some pictures, if the 6 are not confirmed on here I'm going to post it up on SELOC and Exiges, in the first instance its going to be a first added to the list, first served so don't delay as you miss this boat / group buy expect to pay considerably more in the future.

I should of read your first post properly then bangin.gif

Providing it will fit with my exhaust coming out the centre element and it'll also fit to the standard rear number plate grill thingy you can stick me down for one. :)

:) no worries. See how my fitting of the prototype goes. I'm 100% sure about the exhaust (I checked this with them as I also have the centre exhaust exiting out the bottom) Number plate plinth I think it will. I think I can see holes in it in the pictures above for that? Difficult to say for sure. I'll email them and ask and then confirm when I fit.

I can't wait to get this on, I'm such a kid when it comes to getting new parts for my car, its why I end up spending so much money on them, its like an addiction ;)

Cheers

My twin exhaust tips are 150mm wide x 90mm tall, so the hole will have to be big enough for those dimensions, once the diffuser is in place the exhaust is much thinner and should not cause any fouling.

I know what you mean about getting addicted to spending money on upgrades, it seems to snow ball as well, the more stuff you buy the more you want to spend.

Got this prototype fitted to my Exige this weekend smile.png I'm SOOOOOO pleased with it. And the fitment is superb. Weighs less than the OEM one I took off too.

So took a couple of pictures. Tough to get good ones as its black and under the car there isn't a lot of light. I'll get clearer ones when I can.

20130713_124236.jpg

20130713_124241.jpg

20130713_124301.jpg

20130713_124248.jpg

20130713_124233.jpg

20130713_124245.jpg

20130713_124229.jpg

20130713_124303.jpg

Archived