litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think your right still has 300lbft of torque when it dips.

Could be cams but more likely be a restriction in the inlet or exhaust.

Just need it to rev past 7000rpm for gearing more than anything

• 1 month later...

Well things are going a bit slower than I want but few snags on the way

The speedo is now working it has a stand alone pulse converter

The temp gauge now works, thanks arno and rotivator for the help its run off the dta and is now reading the correct temp

Afr gauge has been added to the centre consol

But the oil filter adaptor is leaking as its porous so needs to be replaced

We think the lack of revs is the head, the t series head isnt a wonderful design esp on the exhaust so I have purchased a ported head, some mechanical lifters and uprated springs and will run some piper 285 cams or a custom billet and try to rev to 8k

Car now needs to be shipped off to the body shop to get finished......summer is coming

So 382bhp and 371lbft just doesnt cut it, actually 6250rpm doesnt. C6 gearbox is just too short so need more revs, may loose a little bottom end but hoping to gain 1500rpm top end

So, i made some enquiries and came up with a plan of a ported and polished head with Mechanical Lifters, uprated single springs and some billet cams.

So i managed to get a head, its been ported but i only paid £200 for it, add to this the mechanical lifters and the springs (same as a k series) i purchased and all i needed was the billet cams

Spoke with Grant at gb-ent and he said £800 plus VAT, Piper said 1200 so i thought long and hard and in the end have sent some cams for a re-grind to Piper 285M via Drew at roverdose. Not ideal but i havent even driven the bloody thing yet !! In fact the only elise i have driven is a 340R, to the end of friends road and back, and a S2 of Junks, where i reversed 20 yards.

So the head malarky, will happen after the summer, car is on its way back as we speak from JDM Dyno in Cumbria so i can enjoy it as its nearly a year since purchase.

Pics of Ported Head, David Bailey eat your heart out

20130420_165348.jpg

Exhaust

20130420_164940.jpg

Inlet

20130420_165448.jpg

Oh and the seats i have are blue and material, as the leather seats were sold, so i bought this drunk off of ebay........

20130420_165532.jpg

They have a stamp saying 2002 so assume close enough for now ;)

Plan is to get it re-sprayed and on the road within the next 4 weeks........

The car arrived home a day early, i was just trying to check in to a flight to Norway (which i missed), when the nice man called to say he was 30 mins away. Long story short my brother met the man and car is now at friends Lock Up awaiting being stripped and re-sprayed.......Starlight Black as per the original car ;)

Engine in, only issue is the throttle cable hits the bonnet, so may need to adjust one of them.......

20130422_143104%5B1%5D.jpg

Nice big Dump Valve

20130422_143414%5B1%5D47.jpg

Ickle Bit tight for the turbo but a ahem "Chimney" style heat shield, turbo blanket and baulkhead has been given the heat shiel treatment. Should help, undertray has a massive naca duct in it underneath and engine bay has a 4" in line fan to move air around when stopped or hot...

20130422_143519%5B1%5D.jpg

Charge Cooler, looks like a custom fit.....however its a Fiat Seicento std radiator, which is twin pass, with a modded end tank to take the 19mm tube to the charge cooler

20130422_143746%5B1%5D.jpg

Rear looks fairly std, as it has the original 3" Lotus ends :cool

20130422_143350%5B1%5D64.jpg

Vibratechnics engine mount, and a few things in where the wheel arch should go so may need a little move around :beat

20130422_143335%5B1%5D.jpg

Inside the car we added the AFR gauge, the centre consol can do it but easier to look at the MTX, passengers knee may hit it so will remove the wifes right leg if this happens (y)

20130422_143247%5B1%5D.jpg

Front Clam with triple pass Pro-Alloy rad with 2 pull radiators.....charge cooler also has fans on back side for added cooling

20130422_143155%5B1%5D.jpg

AP 4 pot brakes look tiny against the 308MM discs, from a Vectra re-drilled to suit Elise Hub, all under std 111S wheels :o

20130422_143134%5B1%5D.jpg

Little, bad video, have explained to mate never to rev and switch off the engine again......or i kill him

Sounds and footage is terrible so will get a better one later. Its has a resonance through the longer pipe, so blocking this quietens the exhaust.....just in case its too loud i can bung a bung or orifice into it ;)

Nice work, is your mate old enough to have owned an old car with carbs? That used to be the trick to get extra fuel in the carbs before switching off IIRC. It used to help them start on cold winter mornings, that and fiddling with the choke :)

Nice work, is your mate old enough to have owned an old car with carbs? That used to be the trick to get extra fuel in the carbs before switching off IIRC. It used to help them start on cold winter mornings, that and fiddling with the choke smile.png

Yep he is a Classic Mini man......he gets one warning ;)

• 1 month later...

Well things slowed to a halt, promotion at work lots of travel and so on have meant the cars been on the back burner but finally getting things done

The throttle linkage needed changing as the m series inlet was fouling the rear clam, now fits underneath

20130614_125013.jpg

Wiring is a mess so having this tidied up and the addition of a seperate fuel pump relay for the motor sport pump

20130614_125124.jpg

But the main issue is the front clam. Bodge it and scarper painted it a lovely blue which had gone crazy. Tried to sand it off and it goes too mooch and clogs the paper as they just painted onto the original paint without sanding. Only way to remove is with a scraper which is time consuming

20130614_125018.jpg

20130614_125034.jpg

Hoping to have the car complete by end of june

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is becoming annoying. Been so busy with work the car hasnt moved on much.

So today I left early and finally did some stuff

The fuels pumps have been wired in on seperate relays now, but on running it up it now has a fuel leak on the old regulator, so have to change the fuel rail grrr

20130705_114833.jpg

But final got the rear inner arches on

20130705_142245.jpg

And the front n/s. Am I right with the fusebox and relays ?

20130705_143324.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Failure.......this is the word of the day but in the grand scheme of things, and after some soul searching and being told not to be grumpy "its only a car" i have come to terms with the MOT failure today !

It didnt fail on much, i couldnt find the drivers side mirror, the aim on one of the lights is low but worst of all the steering rack is buggered.

So basically the car looks like this now

20130718_143508.jpg

20130718_143500.jpg

It needs to be sprayed but my insurance company are threatening to cancel the policy so it had to be done this week.

Here it is on the MOT Bay at K-tec racing, passed the emissions no problems, but it ran out of electricity and has sprung an oil leak.....so off with the rear clam again !

20130718_161001.jpg

But before all that went Pete Tong we took this video, not be driving as Scott cant use a camera its 20 seconds of your life you wont get back, but even i am thinking this doesnt exist sometimes !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohsScfjDDK4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Insurance issue is lack of MOT, VIC test and V5 in my name after 60 days of insurance and non of these documents to present they are a little "worried"

Well i know the reason the rack felt ok but was horrible to drive / failed the mot

The casing was cracked on the passenger side close to the pinion.....

Luckily i ordered a new rack from the ever quick elise parts, went for the quick rack as it sounded cool so its fitted and feels so much better

Awaiting the plinth for the drivers mirror, apparently lotus only process orders on Wednesday so i have to wait till next week.....if anyone has a spare drivers side please let me know otherwise i will bodge something on for Friday as need to get it MOT'd or the insurance will be cancelled

20130724_103838.jpg

20130724_112047.jpg

20130724_112054.jpg

Awaiting the plinth for the drivers mirror, apparently lotus only process orders on Wednesday so i have to wait till next week.....if anyone has a spare drivers side please let me know otherwise i will bodge something on for Friday as need to get it MOT'd or the insurance will be cancelled

Eliseparts Used Parts Sale section has a number of wing mirrors and plinths. :)

Archived