litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Spa With Lot

Daniel

Great few days with Greg, Ali, Russ, Elaine, Andy and even Steve to a degree ;)

Spa was wet and apart from a dry line at lunchtime I really was too nervous to enjoy it. Especially after seeing about half a dozen poorly Lotus' and a Porsche that certainly wasn't going anywhere all in separate incidents.

Anyway, I've done it now and can tick it off the list. Croix on the other hand was a laugh. It's the 2nd time I've done it and what fun!

This was a lap of the driest Spa was all day. I'll do a Croix video in a bit.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot slower than Dan!

As the track started to dry out i got a problem with my brakes. Juddering through the pedal and steering, not pleasent.

Back on Track were supplying mechanical back up at the circuit so i popped the car over to them for them to check it over.

It seems that one of my EP ali belled disks has warped. As you rotate the wheel, it always stops at the same place even though there is no visible marks on the disk. As the disk starts to get warm it gets worse. Never mind, i will give Geary a call tomorrow and see if he has any suggestions.

Anyway, a great few days with good company. I would love to return to Spa in the dry :)

Excellent video Dan. Oh man, that looks soooo much fun!

I am glad that all is well and all the bits are still working as required.

Greg - I hope your brakes did not spoil it for you.

gallery_373_384_83722.jpg

Who's is the gunmetal grey long tail S2 with black alloys? Wasn't expecting to see my car at Spa for another 4 weeks! :P

Great video Dan, can see it looks horribly slippery off that dry line! - what is the current spec of your car?

Archived