litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Name To Return To F1

T Griff

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure Lotus will be very happy with a totally seperate company, nothing to do with them, using the Lotus name.

I'm sure some lotus' legal people are looking at it at the moment.

Not sure Lotus will be very happy with a totally seperate company, nothing to do with them, using the Lotus name.

I'm sure some lotus' legal people are looking at it at the moment.

worth a fortune in free advertising

unless the cars are total rubbish and running around at the back. Or if we have more cars than grid slots next year, not even qualifying.

I thought id read somewhere that they couldnt accept more teams for next year because hardly any of the venues have enough team garages? We'll see what happens next week when the team sheets are released, think we'll be waiting to see Lotus grace the F1 circuit for a while longer

I can feel a rant coming on. Ive only had a quick read of it but if its not actually the factory team its bollocks IMO. I do hate sitting on the fence in these matters :D

Completely agree Martin! All or nothing for me! (preferably all!)

This is what I said they'd do:

The team, founded by former Lotus employees Nino Judge and Steve Kenchington, were given permission to use the Lotus name by rights-holder David Hunt.

However, Group Lotus plc have challenged the claim, saying they have no connection to the potential F1 team and will do whatever is necessary to maintain their brand image.

"Group Lotus plc and its subsidiary Lotus Cars Limited, the manufacturer of the legendary Lotus Elise and global high technology engineering consultancy, are not connected or affiliated to, nor in any other way associated with the newly-announced 'Team Lotus' that has submitted an entry 2010 Formula 1 championship," the statement said.

"Group Lotus plc will take all necessary steps to protect its name, reputation and brand image."

"Group Lotus plc will take all necessary steps to protect its name, reputation and brand image."

And rightly so. What's the point of using the Lotus name anyway if you don't get their expertise?

HOWEVER!

If you start winning we will back off :drive:

Archived