litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Evora Live Launch

Mark H

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lotus spent ages getting all the lines of the car nice and smooth. Only to get the woman with the knobbliest knees and the worlds most crinkled cheap dress to promote it :cop:

Surely there was a bit more money in the budget than that :)

post-152-1216815613.jpg

Yep, to me, looks like a copy of the M250... with a "real" engine... I like it...

b1.jpg

fr1.jpg

r1.jpg

fr1.jpg

But "Evora".... What a $h!tty name.... Will Lotus offer the option to remove every Evora badge and replace them by "Eagle"?

Other thing, there should be 2 versions:

coupe 2 seatter

coupe 2+2

Where will there put the rear seats???? can see any room for them unless they come on a trailer ;)

Lotus spent ages getting all the lines of the car nice and smooth. Only to get the woman with the knobbliest knees and the worlds most crinkled cheap dress to promote it :blink:

Surely there was a bit more money in the budget than that :D

*cough*

DSC01751sm.jpg

The best stand for, ... er... viewing was the Alfa stand, closely followed by Nissan and Citreon (Citreon obviously covering up for some damn ugly cars!!)

To me the Elvira, Evulva, or whatever it's called looks like a mish-mash of other cars put together. :P

I just hope those who've been asking Lotus to build a 2+2 actually buy it......

E. ;)

Went to see the car on Sat, waited to be allowed into the area to take a closer look at the car. The Lotus guys completely ignored me and were plucking out middle-aged men instead. I am interested in one but I guess being 27 and having a camera round my neck didn't give those fellas the impression that I would be a buyer. When I went back second time round to ask a couple of questions, things were very different when I said I already had an Elise (Here's my card, you can pay a £4k deposit today etc etc....)

So what they told me was that the first batch is of 200 and then are nearly all pre-ordered and will be fully loaded models (like that on display) and will be £58k. There will be a total of 600 for the UK in the first 12 months and the remaining 400 can be ordered from the £45k base model. I think he said the first 200 are going out for delivery in April 09

It's starting to grow on me, although I didn't think 'Wow!' when I first saw it. Looks a bit unfinished and hopefully will look better when the final production model comes out. I've never been a fan of the M250 and never saw what the fuss was about that, luckliy the Evora looks a lot nicer IMO and the fact that it's a +2 will make it a more attractive propasition than the Europa.

• 5 weeks later...
When I went back second time round to ask a couple of questions, things were very different when I said I already had an Elise (Here's my card, you can pay a £4k deposit today etc etc....)

So what they told me was that the first batch is of 200 and then are nearly all pre-ordered and will be fully loaded models (like that on display) and will be £58k. There will be a total of 600 for the UK in the first 12 months and the remaining 400 can be ordered from the £45k base model. I think he said the first 200 are going out for delivery in April 09

So they have already sold 200, pre-ordered :tup: Really :D Didn't thay say that about the Europa :D A lot of the dealers still can't off load the Demo cars they had over 2 years ago. ;) Dealers all had a number of cars forced on them that they couldn't move which seriously dented relationships between dealers and Lotus from what I understand.

I would also be very surprised if Lotus has 200 pre-orders after the M250 project shambles where dealers had to hand beck the deposits they had taken.

Sounds a bit suspect to me. I think that what they mean is that with 4x press cars, 4x company staff cars + 1 to 2x cars to each dealership as demo + Stock and a hand full of pre-ordered car they can place a good number (I would guess at 50-60) across the European network is the reality of the situation at this stage. Which doesn't add up to being sold.

The info that I may (or may not) have had uses the words pre-specified and not pre-ordered.

:tup:

This may be right, and enable swifter production, so many cars identical etc.

Cool images by the way Darren :D

• 1 month later...

Archived