litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What An Evora :)

cjwjames

Simon, just to clarify, my comment on clipping something at the Pageant of Power was a joke, hence the winking emoticon at the end of the sentence.

The car is stunning in every way, best of luck with the sale.

Opps !!!!! :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted it won't be at LitP!

There is a lot of love for Evora GTEs on here.

What event have we been blown out for Simon? What could possibly be better than meeting a large number of past, present and possible future customers amongst 200 plus Lotuses? And it is just over the hill from you guys!

Are you still bringing the elan?

Btw Gav I am a blue eyed boy didn't you know? ;-)

Dean, drop a mail to Lotus and see if they will get the 311 over for Sunday. That will draw the crowds drive1.gif

Simon, I am not picking faults with your GTE, its a lovely car but I appreciate you are a dealership trying to sell to customers and from a customer point of view (me - On my 4th Lotus, 3 of which have been purchased from Lotus dealers) it is just too expensive, well to me anyway for ANY Lotus. Plus, again from a customers point of view surely you have to class it as an ex demo by now? If I was buying a new Exige from you I would expect it to be still covered in plastic with around 10 miles on the clock.

I will be very interested to see what it does eventually sell for and I am sure the commission on that will be great for the salesman that eventually gets it sold so good luck to that man too smile.png

All the GTEs have been "remanufactured" which essentially means no grubby hand prints left, no dodgy brakes, no soggy dampers.

But, even the base GTE is well overpriced, leading some to suggest that it was a crafty way to boost company coffers whilst clearing the car park :-).

And that bodywork is available to owners of "ordinary" Evoras should the itch become too great.  Then you'll need new alloys, and....... a huge bank loan!!

My GTE is my 9th Lotus, not all being new by any stretch. It is as expensive as my last 2 put together and by far the biggest gamble I've ever taken on a vehicle. Yes I think someone realised they had cars Sat there that if sold would realise money, let alone cars, that would otherwise be lost. That's not a bad or crafty thing, good business sense if you ask me.

Yes they were expensive, with a limited warranty but, in my view lotus are only going to get more expensive with the need to secure profit and the companies future based on small production numbers.

Once I saw it on the flesh I was bowled over by the looks and presence it had.

The premium over a new evora was more than worth it for what I was buying and the residuals have to be better than a standard car as only 20 will exist.

If this was some exotic make they wouldn't have Sen the light of day.

I presume you can go and buy the bodykit from mansory but (going off the cost of small parts from them) I expect it to far outweigh the sale price of the gt350/gte.

This may or may not be my last new lotus I buy, I don't know. What I do know is it's a great car and if/when it does eventually go it will be a sad day.

Ultimately the chassis date is almost irrelevant as any model year changes focus on other parts. Those other parts are new and most chassis had no miles on them.

At least lotus were honest about the mileage etc of those that had been previously registered and used like mine.

Each car has its own history which to me adds to its uniqueness.

Anyway, I will be at Chatsworth, I will be the person with a silly grin on his face!

Gav

Gav, see where you're coming from, and I think you're right about the cost of the GTE (at £80k perhaps) versus the cost to upgrade a standard Evora S.

I guess you just have to keep fingers crossed on the residuals - but then sometime you have to just not worry about thing about things like that and just enjoy the car.

Did I spot you at Goodwood last weekend (Saturday I think, I was there all weekend), looking at the 3-11? Wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't 'doorstep' you (as Brundle would say). Your next purchase......?

Also, are you doing the run at Chatsworth? If so can I be behind him please Dean.......I want to hear that noise!

Also, are you doing the run at Chatsworth? If so can I be behind him please Dean.......I want to hear that noise!

I think you may well be surprised at just how awesome the Evora SR sounds with the Sport button pressed.  Love it, and will bring it to Chatsworth if the weather is at least reasonable.  The Evora can be tricky in the wet, so I'll keep it safely garaged and use the Elise if it does rain on Saturday!!

Residuals don't bother me but its all part of the man maths! Have ordered a 2ubular with straight through option :-)

Yes I'm doing the run, can't remember which one though.

Yes I was at Goodwood on sunday, sorry didn't see you. If money was no object then a 311 would be in the garage but not a realistic option for me needing a 'family' car, hence the GTE, obviously! Lol

Gav

Well I had a phone call from Jonathan the MD at Oakmere today and he has confirmed he will be bringing their GTE along to Lotus in the Peak. Oakmere also sell Morgan and the biggest annual gathering of Morgans is at Shelsley Walsh next weekend too but they are going to leave there early to join us on Sunday morning. Not only that, they hope to bring an Elise Cup and a new Exige v6 too!

Now that, I reckon, is commitment. He seemed like a really nice bloke too - a proper enthusiast. Top stuff.

Well I had a phone call from Jonathan the MD at Oakmere today and he has confirmed he will be bringing their GTE along to Lotus in the Peak. Oakmere also sell Morgan and the biggest annual gathering of Morgans is at Shelsley Walsh next weekend too but they are going to leave there early to join us on Sunday morning. Not only that, they hope to bring an Elise Cup and a new Exige v6 too!

Now that, I reckon, is commitment. He seemed like a really nice bloke too - a proper enthusiast. Top stuff.

Brillent stuff Dean cant wait to see the GTE

Archived