litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What An Evora :)

cjwjames

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That car will never sell at that price. Yes it has had an engine tweak but Christopher Neil say it is because the car is a 2015 registration unlike the others which were 2012 if I remember.

Thing is, at the end of the day, they were all sat outside since 2012 so it isn't a 2015 car, it was just registered then. Also, it seems to be being used quite a lot. It did the timed laps at the pageant of power and had all sorts of grubby kids hands over it. For me personally it is an £80K car and if it keeps piling on miles, less than that.

I'm sure I saw it clip something at the Pageant of Power ;)

Not sure if that was before or after I was presented with my concours trophy by Clive Chapman.

Did I mention that I won a trophy? :)

Tsk tsk

I'm sure I saw it clip something at the Pageant of Power ;)

Not sure if that was before or after I was presented with my concours trophy by Clive Chapman.

Did I mention that I won a trophy? :)

Tsk tsk

I'm getting you Barred!!!!! ;-)

They were all £85000 and all rebuilt, so short of the chassis and body work they are pretty much all new parts. Some like mine are on 2012 plates other are on 61 plates, gav kirbys and simons will be 15 plates. Most had zero miles on the clock, mine had 3000 (before rebuild) as it was DB's personal transport in its previous life. The newcastle car had 10000 miles at it was the development car for the gte and gt350.

I can understand why oakmere have komotech'd it but whether it makes it more saleable, i dont know? However its the only rhd car left for sale, manual, but 2+0.

Mines one of only 2 rhd 2+2, the other being the newcastle car, both IPS which is the only compromise i had to make.

They are stunning cars though, mine was at cpop too but no timed run as I was still runing it in!Oh and the secret "Evora GTE" plate lol.

Gav

Having seen Gav's car at CPOP, it certainly is stunning....I guess until we are lucky enough to see the Evora 400 in the flesh, it's hard to compare, but the GTE looks perfect to me - muscular, purposeful but not OTT.

£95k though.....yikes

There is a chance the Oakmere GTE will be at LitP. If so, we will park it next to Gav's and we can pick our favourites. I have seen them both before and so I already know my favourite but I ain't tellin ' which.....

although only one matches my eyes.... ;-)

I like it! Can someone cleverer than me post the images on the forum so they're not lost when the advert is pulled? I really like that, but 95 large is serious wonga...

That car will never sell at that price. Yes it has had an engine tweak but Christopher Neil say it is because the car is a 2015 registration unlike the others which were 2012 if I remember.

Thing is, at the end of the day, they were all sat outside since 2012 so it isn't a 2015 car, it was just registered then. Also, it seems to be being used quite a lot. It did the timed laps at the pageant of power and had all sorts of grubby kids hands over it. For me personally it is an £80K car and if it keeps piling on miles, less than that.

I feel these comments need a response by somebody who actually knows the car....

* The car IS a 2015 car - They were stripped to a bare chassis and build to our spec in 2015. The car will not require an MOT until 2018 therefore is a 2015 car.

* Our GTE has covered 1700 miles, partly to run her in, partly to take to the multitude of events that we support. Hardly 'piled' on 

* Yes it was driven as intended at Pageant Of Power but no it did not compete in the timed laps

* It certainly did not have 'grubby kids hands' all over it - i made sure of that smile.png

I'm sure I saw it clip something at the Pageant of Power wink.png

Did I mention that I won a trophy? smile.png

Tsk tsk

* No, it didn't clip anything - Left in the same condition as she arrived

There is a chance the Oakmere GTE will be at LitP. If so, we will park it next to Gav's and we can pick our favourites. I have seen them both before and so I already know my favourite but I ain't tellin ' which.....

although only one matches my eyes.... ;-)

No sorry, the GTE won't be at LitP as we have other commitments that weekend sadly.

It seems a lot of people have an opinion on our car which is absolutely fine however it does annoy when the opinions are based on incorrect information.

Yes all the GTE's had the same base price, however there was always the option to personalise the specification - paint, wheels, trim etc, etc and we chose to do so.

For anybody who is seriously interested in our car, come and talk to us. I would be happy to run through the specification over the telephone or even better in person - It would be great to find a new owner who's as enthusiastic as the Oakmere Team about her !

Simon

Oakmere Lotus

Simon, just to clarify, my comment on clipping something at the Pageant of Power was a joke, hence the winking emoticon at the end of the sentence.

The car is stunning in every way, best of luck with the sale.

Archived