litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Exhaust ? Should I Go For

cjwjames

I love the sound of my 2bular ... but it's on a Honda motor. Still passes track side noise tests. Sounds very nice, a touch noisy on WOT but that's Hondas for you.

Looks very good but I did need to mess when fitting it, but that's because the Honda manifold comes out further.

I'll post a pic of mine if I can find it. They look awesome, and a panel eliminator would show it off .. I never fitted my eliminator kit as I like the stealth look.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a 4-1 earlier link up manifold (made by simpson exhausts) 2bular flexi, with a 2bular 100 cell race cat and H2 GT3 2BULAR (the biggest that will fit on a s2) to help keep the noise down ( I don't think the open k & n rm4001 helps)

I've seen on the 2bular website a claimed increase of 15hp with the 4-2-1 manifold over standard, on a NA Exige. Does it really make that much difference??

I've seen on the 2bular website a claimed increase of 15hp with the 4-2-1 manifold over standard, on a NA Exige. Does it really make that much difference??

I'm running:

Piper 4-2-1

Cherry bomb silenced decat

Elise parts exhaust

I'd say BHP increase is relatively minimal however the sound created is mega.

I used to run an Elise parts exhaust on my 111r and that sounds brilliant.

The only na yota I've heard running a full exhaust system was JonnyFox's monster NA Exige, I've never heard anything like it since. It sounded pure evil.

The point I'm trying to make is no real noticeable bhp increase will be made from a full exhaust system. But the sound alone is worth it.

The 2Bular is a lot lighter than the stock exhaust! I picked my old exhaust up from where I had mine fitted and couldnt believe the difference! Also sounds way better.....

I'm reminded how heavy the stock exhaust is every time I have to move it around the garage.

I'm running:

Piper 4-2-1

Cherry bomb silenced decat

Elise parts exhaust

I'd say BHP increase is relatively minimal however the sound created is mega.

I used to run an Elise parts exhaust on my 111r and that sounds brilliant.

The only na yota I've heard running a full exhaust system was JonnyFox's monster NA Exige, I've never heard anything like it since. It sounded pure evil.

The point I'm trying to make is no real noticeable bhp increase will be made from a full exhaust system. But the sound alone is worth it.

Mine has standard manifold at present, but does have non stock exhuast which is fairly loud. Don't know what it is, but tail pipes finish flush with the under tray of that's a clue? Also has Daytona intake, with side scoop. The combination sounds pretty good, but if a manifold could make it better then I might give it a go.

What do you need to remove to change the manifold. Is it diffuser, under tray and exhaust?

the rolling road last week suggested my exhaust and k&n cone filter between them made a bit of difference - completely standard my s2 k series car should give 120 bhp, infact it gave 124, with 97500 miles on the clock.

I think manifolds are for when you are chasing a few more bhp after doing other things. Although Jim at tubular knows his stuff about primary lengths etc, I would say comparing before and after dyno charts if available will let you see where the increases /difference is, no good spending hundreds if you only get +15bhp in the last 1000 revs - how often do you sit there?

As yours is a Toyota, Have you had the vtec point lowered yet? Is it called a Gotham map? I think Christopher Neil's used to do this.

Here's a pic of my exhaust from underneath

Exhaust_Underside.png

Jim's H2 GT3 - black tape on tail was so we didn't scratch it when fitting.

Looks neat.

I might call Jim and see if he has a before and after dyno printout that I can have a look at.

My cam switch over is still standard. I read mixed reviews about having it lowered. Is it something you guys would recommend?

What other mods does the Toyota motor respond well too? I've seen the Piper cams, does anyone have experience with them?

If you get a new manifold make sure you run as big a flexi as you can - i could only a fit a small one into mine because of the cat.

I guess lowering the switch over point means a less noticeable switch over, but I don't know too much about it as I had a rover and now I've a Honda.

For tuning the yota lump ask Jonnyfox or look for his threads as he really tuned his, but you could consider a SC conversion if funds allow. That's next for me I think (been itching to do it for a few years lol)

Like Robo Elise I went down the 2bular route and had my 6" x 22" fitted by Gav (Unit 4) just before Easter on my S2 K Series Elise. I'm very pleased with both the soundtrack and fit and will it only sound better after a Ive done a few more miles

My old Eliseparts twin pipe (round) sports exhaust is now for sale and currently sitting at Gav's if anyone is interested

Legs

Does anyone have experience of Hangar 111 sports exhaust, sound, build quality, ease of fitting? I emailed 2bular a few weeks ago but still haven't heard back so guess he's flat out busy with a long lead time for his stuff. Hangar 111 have their exhaust in stock and it's also quite a bit cheaper so tempting for those reasons alone.

Thanks

Martin

Does anyone have experience of Hangar 111 sports exhaust, sound, build quality, ease of fitting? I emailed 2bular a few weeks ago but still haven't heard back so guess he's flat out busy with a long lead time for his stuff. Hangar 111 have their exhaust in stock and it's also quite a bit cheaper so tempting for those reasons alone.

Thanks

Martin

Best thing is to call Jim at 2bular, he's not great with email replies and he is a busy man - 07983 431631

Worth the wait and the money.....

Archived