litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2Bular Exhaust Now On Order!

Robo Elise

I've finally got around to ordering an exhaust from Jim at 2bular. I've gone for a 7x18 for my Elise. Never been that impressed with the original especially when I hear some of the exhausts from some people on here at meets. The wait begins! Some say they get them quick others have a long wait. No real rush but look forward to it when it does arrive. Will give an update when it does :-)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choice,

just be mindful if your swopping it yourself that the one you take if will be considerably heavier than the tubular, as I found out when I swooped mine and nearly got squashed when the old one finally came loose and I was holding it with only 1 hand above my head!!

Good choice,

just be mindful if your swopping it yourself that the one you take if will be considerably heavier than the tubular, as I found out when I swooped mine and nearly got squashed when the old one finally came loose and I was holding it with only 1 hand above my head!!

Yes I read that the old one weighs 14kg!!! Looks like the weight loss may make the car quicker!!! Sounds like the original exhaust defeats the Lotus philosophy of lightness :-)

Mine was just over a week from my order....You wont be disappointed when it arrives, Fantastic quality and sound

Glad you like yours. Which size did you go for?

Jim said just over a week but I have read quite a few have waited a lot longer. Like I say no rush but I am looking forward to getting it fitted.

Yes I read that the old one weighs 14kg!!! Looks like the weight loss may make the car quicker!!! Sounds like the original exhaust defeats the Lotus philosophy of lightness :-)

I understand that the original is classified as part of the rear crash structure.

The weight saving is a big thing. Not only is it a lot (over 10kg I think?) but it is lost from the very best place in an overly rear weight biased car. At Blyton, where modest pilots like me can really hang it out I the fast stuff, I could tell the difference in handling. It was definitely harder to spin.

Thinking about that last sentence maybe we should club together and buy Andy11r one. ;-)

The weight saving is a big thing. Not only is it a lot (over 10kg I think?) but it is lost from the very best place in an overly rear weight biased car. At Blyton, where modest pilots like me can really hang it out I the fast stuff, I could tell the difference in handling. It was definitely harder to spin.

Thinking about that last sentence maybe we should club together and buy Andy111r one. ;-)

its started rob the mods keep coming from now on :clap:

It's took 3 years Andy!!!! That exhaust the guy specified before i bought it from you is not the most inspiring!!! It was ok but I'm ready for a bit of noise but nice 2bular noise!!!

Are you buying just the back box or manifold + cat too?

I'm thinking of splashing out on manifold + cat + back box for my Elise 1.6 and hopefully extract a tad more grunt from that squeaky little Toyota lump.  2bular's site is claiming minimum 15bhp and 12 lb/ft increase which sounds like a bargain to me, plus it'll sound just a little bit more like a sports car too!!

Are you buying just the back box or manifold + cat too?

I'm thinking of splashing out on manifold + cat + back box for my Elise 1.6 and hopefully extract a tad more grunt from that squeaky little Toyota lump.  2bular's site is claiming minimum 15bhp and 12 lb/ft increase which sounds like a bargain to me, plus it'll sound just a little bit more like a sports car too!!

No nothing that extravagant!!! Just the back box at the moment :-)

Rob - Glad you've got sorted.

Think I spoke to you recently at Donington about my recent 2bular fitment.

Dead pleased with my 8x22 it sounds great on the cam changeover, also in the upper rev range & is all rounded off with lovely crackles & burbles on lift off, without any drone or intrusiveness on duals & motorways - superb. My car now sounds as it looks... Jim was great at making sure you get what you want volume wise & though I too had been warned about potential delays in delivery by others, mine was delivered with only minor motivational pushing to a very tight timescale, before I went on holiday & so fitted in time for Chatsworth!  

I too was very surprised by the weight of the original falling towards my face as it pinged off the connecting pipe!  

Archived