litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Deep Purple 111S - Lotus in the Peak countdown!

Daveb99

2 hours ago, DeanB said:

Looks great Dave. I like the idea of 350 front and 400 rear springs. Mine are 400 front 475 rear which I think is too stiff for road use that includes bumpy B roads and wet weather.  If we get chance tomorrow you can give me your opinion on your set up.

Of course mate - I’ve so far covered less than a mile in it so tomorrow will be a good shakedown if nothing else!

I haven’t (yet) managed to do the rear toe, which I suspect could be a bit out, and it affects turn in a lot more than you think, so I’m told.   I’ll be getting the string and poles out after LitP.

The rear still has the poly bushes of course, but when I removed the dampers the other day to add a camber shim, I found they were moving freely (unlike the front).   I’ll be doing a full rear end refresh at some point….

Quick update after a great day yesterday.  The 111S was absolutely mighty on those fantastic roads in the Peaks.   The setup felt just right, the handling, damping and ride seemed perfect to me.   The turn in and front grip was sharp and responsive, especially at higher speeds (the 1 degree of front camber per side no doubt helping there).    170 miles of motoring nirvana.    

I'm very pleased all the hard work was worth it ! 

Thanks to everyone who complemented me on the car, everybody seems to love the colour, I guess it's pretty rare, less than 10 111S were made in Deep Purple.  

It's a very nicely sorted car now, I'm looking forward to more summer runs and a bit more tinkering (rear suspension refurb, front clam off etc) when time allows.

IMG_2972.thumb.jpeg.147fe21e0394a7538014e72a811f86d0.jpeg

Edited by Daveb99
  • Like 1

It was great to catch up with you yesterday Dave and I loved the car. It won me over completely. It looks gorgeous and the spec is just about perfect, especially with the DVA mods and those bespoke Nitrons. It has made me want an s1.

Such a stunning car,Dave.  All that hard work has clearly been worth it.  Great to see it. Glad it drives as you want.  Hope to be able to take more time looking over it next time I see it, fingers crossed, soon.

1 hour ago, DeanB said:

It was great to catch up with you yesterday Dave and I loved the car. It won me over completely. It looks gorgeous and the spec is just about perfect, especially with the DVA mods and those bespoke Nitrons. It has made me want an s1.

Ah thanks Dean, was really great to see you too and chat about setups - I’ll be tweaking those dampers later this week and maybe the ARB too - to make it even better!   Following you on those Peaks runs in recent years was a big factor in making me learn to heel and toe as well - which has increased my enjoyment of the car even more.

Wow I thought you were an S2 guy - if you want any advice about finding a good S1 just shout.  I think they both have their pluses and minuses ….

1 hour ago, PJT said:

Such a stunning car,Dave.  All that hard work has clearly been worth it.  Great to see it. Glad it drives as you want.  Hope to be able to take more time looking over it next time I see it, fingers crossed, soon.

Cheers Pete, that’s lovely to read.  It’s definitely a special one, and is getting a good sprinkling of added magic as well.   Was great to see you yesterday.   I loved chatting to all the old faces - and some new ones too.   That’s what makes MLOC and Lotus in the Peak a priority in my “car stuff calendar” every year….!

I’m hoping to do a few more runs in it before the winter - Tick run and Peaks runs alike….👍🏻