litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Elise dampers

DeanB

Hi all. This is an appeal on behalf of a good friend with an s2 Elise. He wants - or rather needs - to get his Bilstein dampers refurbed at Bilstein but he will obviously need to send them off and the Elise is his daily driver.  So my question is, does anyone have any spare or old dampers tucked away that he could  rent or borrow or buy?

He's a good lad my friend and has done a lot for MLOC over the years including making the original Lotus in the Peak film and designing one of the LitP posters.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Thanks folks  🙂

Dean

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DeanB said:

Hi all. This is an appeal on behalf of a good friend with an s2 Elise. He wants - or rather needs - to get his Bilstein dampers refurbed at Bilstein but he will obviously need to send them off and the Elise is his daily driver.  So my question is, does anyone have any spare or old dampers tucked away that he could  rent or borrow or buy?

He's a good lad my friend and has done a lot for MLOC over the years including making the original Lotus in the Peak film and designing one of the LitP posters.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Thanks folks  🙂

Dean

I have a pair of Spax RSX rears…might get someone out of trouble if desperate! Free to good home!

PM me if needed

Unfortunately my mate needs front dampers (I should have checked and specified!) so Phil's kind offer is of no use.

Does anyone else have anything please?

Adjustable ride height dampers from an s1 elise would fit too I think.

Thanks

Dean

I have a pair of fronts (shocks + springs) from an S2 Yota Exige - not sure if they fit the Rover cars (my guess is they will) and the comp/rebound rates will probably be a bit more aggressive than for the 111S.

However, just checking on DeRoure and it looks like they have a special offer on a pair of front shockers of one particular type - B120C0007. I've no idea if these are the right ones for your mate's car but worth checking? £200 + vat etc is probably no more expensive than a rebuild!

image.thumb.png.f6147f161011be8752eaaf1c9e57da7e.png

Archived