litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New tyres for more regular usage

richbk

Thanks for the info and knowledge folks .

taken the plunge and bought the above . £344.10 delivered , very happy with price and service from Camskill , will reolport back on tyre performance when car is back on the road …….

5 hours ago, richbk said:

They said I could have mine a bit cheaper cause they had made a bit extra an another customer this week 😂😂😂😂

only kidding , I think it must be an algorithm thing , prices of so many things seem to fluctuate atm . 

Dunc has to pay the Grinch tax

On 19/01/2023 at 21:03, duncx said:

That's odd Rich, mine cost £349.60 incl vat & delivery.

I feel cheated!

You should be so lucky! I had to put a new 105s NSF on after 1200 miles when PJS found a piece of flint in the tread, back in 2021 and B&C had the only stock in the country. £137 plus fitting! Glad to see that a set of 4 isn't going to bankrupt me!

Arrived safe and sound today , and off to the fitters to be put onto the newly powder coated wheels …. Considering popping some black / gold wheel centres in just for a change , as my old green / yellows have see better days . Had a couple of bits before from Dan at Divine handicraft and pleased with the quality and service , and tbh can’t bring myself to spend £35 a wheel on new lotus ones when all I want to do is replace the centres . Anyone done this successfully ? 

My original yellow/green were just very well stuck on Rich, carefully lifted an edge with a small screwdriver and my old S2 hairdryer helped do the rest. Cleaned up with some methylated spirit and stuck the new ones on👍 Old ones were only good for the bin after removal.

I’ve just booked my Exige in with PJS for a set of the V105s and a geo. Looking forward to having a bit more of a a road biased setup (should have just opted for another Elise I guess!) 

I wasn’t happy with the ride or the front end with 8 year old AO48s in typical British climate on the road. The only time it really clicked on those old tyres on the road was when it was 30 degrees ambient temp and finally managed to get some heat into them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bottrill said:

I’ve just booked my Exige in with PJS for a set of the V105s and a geo. Looking forward to having a bit more of a a road biased setup (should have just opted for another Elise I guess!) 

I wasn’t happy with the ride or the front end with 8 year old AO48s in typical British climate on the road. The only time it really clicked on those old tyres on the road was when it was 30 degrees ambient temp and finally managed to get some heat into them. 

The 105s should improve your ride quality a fair bit. 

Pictures to follow , but wheels are back , tyres are fitted and balanced ( including black weights to blend into the background ) and centre caps prepped and ready for fitting today when they arrive .

have to say I am a little nervous of my choice as  the tyres look very “normal “ , like something off my wife’s Volvo daily . Let’s hope the compound gives me as much grip and feel as the 888’s minus about 15% , not 50% . 

on another note , popped into Oakmere to collect new handbrake cable from the ever helpful Paul , and spied the below on the car park . Anyone on here ??

BBE68DDB-B553-4ACE-ACE3-ED096F75472C.jpeg