litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Front Clam removal Elise S3

MrCoola

does anyone have a guide to removing the front clam on the Elise S3? or is it generally similar to the S2 removal?

The reason I want to remove the clam is I think the resistor pack may have failed or be in the process of failing, I'm assuming that it cant be removed any other way?

any help would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really easy:

1. Get in car

2. Start engine

3. Drive to Unit 4 Vehicle Services in Burton

4. Ask Gav to do it!

Sorry, I have no idea how to do it by oneself, but I couldn't resist!

It will be essentially the same as the S2.  There might be a couple of little gotchas though.

Resistor pack on the S2 can be done with the clam on, with difficulty, but I've been told that access is completely blocked on the S3.

2 hours ago, Lithopsian said:

It will be essentially the same as the S2.  There might be a couple of little gotchas though.

Resistor pack on the S2 can be done with the clam on, with difficulty, but I've been told that access is completely blocked on the S3.

Thought that was only true if they didn’t have air con?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite straight forward 

Get the front up on axle stands and remove wheels, arch liners, lights.

Remove front under tray

Remove inspection panel 

Remove all bolts under the inspection panel, under lights and at the bottom of the front wheel arch

Then remove bolts from inside front clam wheel arch  to lower bottom wing trim ( watch out for shims)

Now either side of car open door and loosen bolt holding clam to bottom wing trim. this doesn't have to be fully removed just loose and watch for shims

Last bolt is under the bracket screwed to the clam this needs to be removed.

The clam can now be lifted but disconnect the ariel lead and the upper trim panel push switch.

Archived