litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige nose badge

Christopher Lawless

I'm being a bit thick here so hopefully this is a simple answer for you lot. I'm looking at replacing the faded nose badge on my Exige.

I thought it was stuck on but looking at the Eliseparts badge it bolts through the clam. Surely I don't have to take the clam off to replace the badge do I?

https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/16/83/lotus-nose-badge/

Cheers all

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably not relevant to you, but if you did have a bolted-on badge on an S1 then its a clam-off job :blink:  Pray for sticky tape.  The S2 badge can be recognised, partly by being plastic, and partly by having a slightly raised shoulder that should let you spy the sticky tape from the side.  Bolted metal badges are generally very tight to the bodywork with perhaps a smidge of a gap at the bottom.

The eliseparts page is a bit confusing, it is for both the bolty metal badges and the sticky plastic ones.  Check the box to pick which one you want.  Even more confusing when one or the other is out of stock because then there's only one checkbox but you have to check it anyway.  Take great car that you are actually buying the badge you want.  Either badge can be fitted to either type of car, but the metal ones have a deeply concave back and if you didn't want to use the bolts then you'd have to adapt your own type of sticky to either fill 3-4mm depth in the middle or just stick near the edges.

Archived