litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fixed My Fog Lights

R5K

Hi

My Elise 111R rear Fog lights wouldn't turn on, all the other lights were working ok. After testing the LED fitting and all the fuses and the button, Cables and researching online I dismanteled the the Gauge cluster and removed the switch pack modulem. A quick test of the relays with my multimeter showed the coil for one of the relays had blown. I donloaded the data sheet for the relay and after some reseach online I found a TYCO equivelent to the installed relay and also some one who had used the same relay on a VX220 for the centeral locking. I used a solder sucker to unsolder the relay from the switch module and replaced the faulty relay and then re assembled the switchpack and plugged it in. Tested all the lights and they all now work including the rear fog lights.

The relay I used for the repair is available from ebay and amazon and is sold as a Fiat Power Stearing relay, but it is an exact match for the old ones. Part No V23072-C1061-A308.

I then reassembled the dash and hope that I will be ok. There are 5 of the same relay on the board and I did consider changing them all but it was quite hard to remove the faulty one so I have at the moment ony done the faulty one. Here are some pictures for anyone else who has this issue.

RichardDSC_0006.thumb.jpg.57ae37d47b13db66ae512c8446b0c5fb.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

• Replies 3