litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Re Spray V’S Paint Protection

Kevin

Last year, and after 13 x years of ownership I treated my S2 Elise to a front clam re spray, but less than 2,000 miles later I have more stone chips on the front of the car now than I did over the preceding 13 x years. I have decided to take it back in for the front to be sprayed again but now thinking of getting the lower front of the clam covered in a paint protection film. I have had side sills protected with SunTek and so far so good.

Has anyone else had paint protection on the lower front of the clam and if so does it help reduce the number of stone chips and is there any other produces I should consider?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Legs

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't have a Lotus without it. It 100% helps reduce stone chips and the longevity of the front end. I've had chips through the protection film before but only really large stones or debris. If you're using it on track it's a must.

Sounds like they did a poor job?

I wouldn't have a Lotus without it. It 100% helps reduce stone chips and the longevity of the front end. I've had chips through the protection film before but only really large stones or debris. If you're using it on track it's a must.

Sounds like they did a poor job?

Hi

It's really interesting that you say the film is a must if you do trackways, I have done lots and never had one stone chip! Only ever had them through normal road use!

Mark

Hi

It's really interesting that you say the film is a must if you do trackways, I have done lots and never had one stone chip! Only ever had them through normal road use!

Mark

Maybe just me being over protective.......:)

I still wouldn't be without it though, road or track.

Thanks for the feedback so far

russelld - when I met at Unit 4 (Gav's) last September, you said that you were concidering having the front lower area of you clam covered, after your respay, with paint protection. Did you persue this anymore and if so where did you go and would you reccomend them?

Thanks,

Legs

Hello.

I had my front clam sprayed last year and couldn't recommend the paint protection film enough it's fantastic especially if you use your car quite a bit. The only downside is a stone hit my front clam about 1cm above the film suppose that's sods law though hey.

Had full Ventureshield kit done on mine last year as the OE side sill protectors were yellowed and the nose had very few chips, i'm determined to keep it that way.

Very pleased with it, money well spent IMO.

Thanks for the feedback so far

russelld - when I met at Unit 4 (Gav's) last September, you said that you were concidering having the front lower area of you clam covered, after your respay, with paint protection. Did you persue this anymore and if so where did you go and would you reccomend them?

Thanks,

Legs

Hi Legs,

It turns out that the body shop only removed the upper section of protective film and sprayed over the lower film. It still looks good now but not sure how it will hold up long term ?

Russ

Hi Legs,

It turns out that the body shop only removed the upper section of protective film and sprayed over the lower film. It still looks good now but not sure how it will hold up long term ?

Russ

That's just lazy! I just can't see how that can last? I'd be asking them to do it again, properly!

I had a place paint over the small circular bit of protection folm round the key on the engine cover of the S2 - I didn't ask them to do it, they seemsed to miss the protection film.

To e honest it's been like that for years now - no issues at all.

That's just lazy! I just can't see how that can last? I'd be asking them to do it again, properly!

If asked them to remove the film then I would need to spend £££'s in getting new protection fitted so decided I would see how it went, It seems ok so far, but time will tell.

If asked them to remove the film then I would need to spend £££'s in getting new protection fitted so decided I would see how it went, It seems ok so far, but time will tell.

Fair enough, will be interesting to see how it lasts.

Archived