litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus In The Peak - Sponsored By Comfort Controls Limited

Directors

Love the car Jerry - I used to have an SE myself. Looks like you've spent alot of tlc on it and seems to have an Esprit look about it with both the wheels & colour. The seats look considerably more comfy than the standard ones. Please bare me in mind when you come to sell!

post-2549-0-59212900-1422711211_thumb.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the car Jerry - I used to have an SE myself. Looks like you've spent alot of tlc on it and seems to have an Esprit look about it with both the wheels & colour. The seats look considerably more comfy than the standard ones. Please bare me in mind when you come to sell!

Thanks mutley00. Most of my time and money has been spent on the engine works but have uprated brakes 6 potters and AVO coil overs all round, the seats are RX8 electric seats and are certainly better seats in terms of support. Just had her resprayed a couple of weeks ago as she was seriously embarrassing. Glad u think she has an Esprit look most people think she looks "scooby" with the blue and gold.

Hopefully I will keep her for a few more years yet, still have some upgrades to do to edge the power nearer 270hp. And if I can get the money together would like to get a V8 built using the 912 heads, but will have to see I know my mechanic is up for it.

Chatsworth is the place to come this year for you then Jerry. Last year a chap brought his Excel that he'd shoehorned a Chevy engine into - a decent Chevvy engine not that pile of c*** that was in my Corvette!

post-2549-0-07654400-1422794630_thumb.jpg

Chatsworth is the place to come this year for you then Jerry. Last year a chap brought his Excel that he'd shoehorned a Chevy engine into - a decent Chevvy engine not that pile of c*** that was in my Corvette!

Ah that will be our good pal Pete (Boole), we are track day adversaries, lovely guy and brilliant engineer.

Ah that will be our good pal Pete (Boole), we are track day adversaries, lovely guy and brilliant engineer.

... and he is already booked for this year - spot the V8 burble on the video.

We could start a whole new thread on the Jerry and Pete show - two different approaches to giving the Excel some serious poke and both well executed.

S3 EXG is booked in, along with driver, mechanic and general dogsbody! I'll cram us all onto the driving seat, and see you all for a drive out on the best day of the year... ;-)

Can someone clarify the rules on attending this with a <mumbles under breath> VX220? I'm fine with not parking with the Lotus's at Chatsworth, but would I be OK to join in for the rest of the event?

As an ex MLOC regular (and addict) it would be great to join an event again - the last one was in 2007 (and I had to organise it)! I suspect there might even be a few familiar faces.

I should also add that my wife is due to give birth to our third the month before this, so I might struggle to get the permission slip signed.

If you'd really rather keep this as Lotus only, I'm fine with that, and no offence will be taken. Just though I'd ask.

Neil

There won't be actual tickets (just turn up and we will have your name on a list) but we will email some info to you nearer the time. We will also be giving out packs at Chatsworth.

Thanks Dean

Looking forward to it and meeting u guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived