litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Adrianflux Smartbox - Anyone Used?

flibberflops

Just been getting Insurace quotes again (bad time of year) and we always get postcode shafted (by everyone) purely on the basis we live in Central B'ham (despite no claims yada, yada, yada).

Anyway, a shock quote has come in from AF, who are comming in at £400 cheaper, if we have a smartbox policy (Which records milage only).

Has anyone got any experience of these smartboxes?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they need a box to tell them just your mileage?

We're with Flux and all we have to do is tell them the mileage at the start of the policy......

It doesn't make sense why they would need to go to the expense of fitting a box in your car, when you can tell them the mileage at the start of your policy.

I wouldn't trust them either!

If all they want is mileage and it decreased your premium, id do it, however, I'm not sure why capturing your mileage would be beneficial for the insurance company.

I suspect they would monitor when you are using your car, where you are and leave the car and possibly your speeds.

If you read the link I posted, they want to be able to talk to you and third parties at the crash automatically etc...

Having spoke to Flux's claims management company (URL) within the last 3 months, a chocolate teapot would be more use after an accident!

Archived