litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Interior Trim

waxometer

Recently acquired a standard S1 and can now see what all the fuss is about.

As with every S1 I've seen, the black cloth pad on the drivers sill trim is wearing a bit on the rear edge. Where's the best place to get this sorted and how much is it likely to cost? Do people get the whole trim (incl leather) replaced or just have the cloth repaired, or not bother as it's cosmetic?

Also don't know whether my front shocks need replacing as all my test drives seemed to be on smooth roads, yet my local drives are on unclassified or B's. Are there any static tests that I can do? I have read that they sound like snooker balls bouncing off one another when they're shot, but the noise isn't as high pitched as that. Car seems to handle extremely well, so I could be fretting over nothing.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried spraying mine (door cards and door handle covers) but drove over and destroyed one of them ha ha ha..

Good luck with the refurb - I might have a look at Hangar website myself too and see how much it is . . Mine are fooked, but I reckon the new ones will just go the same way really quickly from getting in and out . .

:)

Personally I think that cream leather and ruby red is unbeatable :D:D

I need to so something about the wear strips on mine too. The gaffer tape that was stuck over then has worn through now and I'd rather replace it with something more attractive. I've thought about getting some sticky back black vinyl and cutting it to shape to stick on. Might work...

Personally I think that cream leather and ruby red is unbeatable  :D  :(

Me too... :D

It came with black panel pins though - needed the shiny ones to finish it off.

I tried shaped pieces and you just catch the edges as your bum glides past. Overlapping seems the only way unless you can wrap underneath as well.

And while your having the door fabric sill retrimmed , get the leather console and door cards  :P

Like this (blue handbrake sleeve now replaced with stainless one, much better) ?

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...rage_mod&id=758

I think azure blue with cream leather door cards look fab, as do the metal studs  :D

And this (blue studs now replaced with stainless ones, much better) ?

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...rage_mod&id=718

;)

Chris

I prefer the satin black interior studs to the chrome ones we've got. I think satin black ally bits are the way to go for the Exige (apart from the price ;) ). Will eventually replace all the chromed Motorsport stuff when I've stopped paying for the extra mortgage I've had to take out for tyres :P

Archived