litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cci Renewal Quote Is Insane!

R.I.B.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be worth calling them, when i renewed with them they had just changed IT systems and there seemed to be a few things wrong with my details.

My quote ended up being cheaper than year before. Ok mine is on limited miles but, rather modified and all for £300.00

Worth a quick call.

Heritage were good until they got bought out and their prices went nuts.

Just had my renewal and its gone up by £130 for no obvious reason, which is somewhat disappointing and unexpected. I'll give them a call to see what's happening, as they've been really good for the last 4 years that I've been with them.

They'd also been good to me for 2 years until now.

Just phoned CCI and they basically said... "that's the best we can do".

So I politely told them, I ain't paying almost double of last year for being a careful driver, so cancel the renewal.

So i've got to waste even more time ringing around. :frusty:

Forgot to add that they said that everyones insurance that is renewed from May onwards will be going up significantly due to the underwriters. It'll be interesting to hear from all of you who are with them and got to renew from May onwards.

is it worth MLOC having a sponsored supplier offering better rate insurance to members? It might bring some money into MLOC for organised events and benefit members with cheaper rates??? Im with CCI, but wont be happy with s 300-500 increase next year

Try Henderson Taylor.... Sorry, no link....

Kurt

Cheers Kurt, spoke to Matt, very polite and friendly but they came in at £641 with 6 track days

REIS is looking like my best choice at the moment unless I go with adrian flux, but they charge £140 (approx) for each track day.

It's gonna be a tough year for insurance renewals, everyone's giving me a hard time about the elise.

Phil

Phoned up REIS to go through my details and double check everything and they've managed to knock it down to 520! due to my mods or something.

After the nightmare I've had ringing everyone that's really made my day :-)

absolute tossers. just got mine. paid £495 last year, renewel just got here £860 wtf???

good job they are closed now else they would be getting a right mouthfull.

how can it go up so much?? when i havnt made a claim.

also does any1 know what the max NCD is as i had 5 years no claims last year and on the renewall paperwork it still says 5?

fuming. at this rate i wont even be able to afford to keep my car!

absolute tossers. just got mine. paid £495 last year, renewel just got here £860 wtf???

good job they are closed now else they would be getting a right mouthfull.

how can it go up so much?? when i havnt made a claim.

also does any1 know what the max NCD is as i had 5 years no claims last year and on the renewall paperwork it still says 5?

fuming. at this rate i wont even be able to afford to keep my car!

The no claims on my renewal note from CCI says five years, however its actually more like twenty years, of which they've had proof in the past. Suspect their system only goes up to max five, but I will be taking this up with them.

My CCI renewal has gone up by 50%. I've since got quotes from Adrian Flux and REIS, which are about the same as CCI, and without the track cover.

Maybe I just don't like parting with cash (i.e. tight!), but even so a 50% hike without warning is a bit steep!

As already said try Henderson Taylor on 01614377442 speak to Matthew Taylor

They have always been spot on for me. No-one else seems to get anywhere close to their price for me.

Worth a try.

As already said try Henderson Taylor on 01614377442 speak to Matthew Taylor

They have always been spot on for me. No-one else seems to get anywhere close to their price for me.

Worth a try.

Will deffo call them 2morrow

Seems odd, my CCI renewal was slightly cheaper than last years quotation. This year I limited the mileage and am now paying a third of the cost including the trackday allowance.

Chris are you on unlimited mileage?

seems the big jumps are due to commute miles, so if your lotus is your only / daily transport its going to cost more, as "stats" suggest more accidents when you do more miles!!(no shit sherlock!)

if you can limit mileage, 3000, 5000 or 7500it stays lower it would seem...

i run a mazda 2 now as daily car as i do 25k a year commuting, but before that i ran a seat arosa deisel which cost next to nothing (£600 i think) to buy and low running costs. i know its no feasible for everyone, but with insurance hikes of £300-£500 might be worth considering running a frugal, cheap daily. it also has the advantage of making my "lotus" days seem more special>>>

Archived