litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ebc Green Stuff Brake Pads

Carlylove

As some of you know I am developing a web site for Lotus Elises. I have sourced many parts (janspeed exhausts, performance upgrades etc) and am happy with their quality but have no real feedback from users of EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads. If they are OK I will have them on the site, if not then I won't.

Feedback will help me personally as I am getting tired of looking into a crystal ball to see what is ahead to give me an idea of when to brake in the wet :wacko:

I am proposing to put braided hoses & the EBC's on my S2.

Thanks

Carl

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came from MMCs and hated Greenstuff - soft and no initial bite (and the brakes were well bled...)

I'm using Pagid RS14s now (track pads really, but fine on the road) and they're a vast improvement (but more ££).

I have green stuff pads and find them ok for normal driving. If you do manage to get them really hot B) you do get a bit of fade though. Slightly off topic, Chris and Graeme do either of your pads squeal much. I was thinking of either SBS or Pagid,s as an upgrade when the green stuff are worn out. I cant stand squealy brakes. Green stuff are good on this point.

I have SBSs and they're so much better than original. Only get the slightest of squeeks when on very light brake (i.e. just touching the peddle). They do however clunk when applying the brake as they're slightly smaller than original to allow expansion when hammering hard on track. Only one type of pad better than SBSs and that's Pagids, but they cost twice the price and don't give much better performance (so I'm told).

At the moment I get an annoying squeak as the wheels go round, as if the brake is catching - must be brake related as it goes away with the slightest pressure on the pedal - it drove Wuddie spare through France! Should be an adjustment issue When really hot (track, also on Lincs run), yes they screech but otherwise quiet.

Unless you plan to become a trackday warrior, you'll be satisfied with greenstuff, for a lot less money.

Actually I'd like to compare performance between the SBS and Pagids under as near as possible to control conditions - I bought the SBS because they were billed as "99% Pagid performance for 70% of the price". Anyone out there with Pagids using Advans and cross-drilled discs?

There's a very good point being made here. Alot of people use there Elise as a track day tool (for very good reasons) and therefore will go for pads which perform well when under heavy use i.e. very hot.

However there are also alot of people that for whatever reason don't track day (like me, shit scared of stacking the car I have to use every day and can only just afford!!) who don't need such supreme products.

I have EBC's and I think they're great, I'm no snail around the lanes and they seem fine.

If I was stocking products for sale I think I would have to decide whether or not I was going to cater just for the track day crowd or for all (not saying its a bad thing to stock just track day stuff).

I have found that with alot of the topics on the tech forums that I have to filter there importance to me, its all very interesting and good to know but I could start thinking my car is shit if I'm not to careful cos its not got these brake pads on or this suspension.

Or is it just that I'm jealous I can't afford the good shit??

:P

Sounds like they are worth having on the site as people do use them. I am going to test them on my car and if not satisfied that they are better than the OEM products will then go to Pagid RS42. At £35 they are worth a try as I will only test them on the front.

Archived