litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Actually Causes The S1 Tizz?

Rus

As in the thread title. Since fitting a new rear silencer my car now has a bit of a tizz. It had it a little bit before when the engine was coming down the revs back to idle, but its there when accelerating now at 2500 rpm.

Read that some people have put jubilee clips around the flexi section in the downpipe before and this stopped it. Since i've disturbed the flexi is this likely to be whats causing the tizz?

Rus

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could also be that the exhaust is too close / touching the bodywork around the tailpipes, or the cat's flange :) hitting the undertray, or the downpipes hitting the air ducts in the undertray. Take the undertray off and have a close look at it for any signs of contact.

Tizz is usually the manifold just catching near the rear bulkhead, however it can also be the cat on undertray and gear cables as said above...

Anti Tizz bracket available from Geary.

Cheers guys, Pretty sure its not the under trays and i have'nt had the chance to check the handbrake cables yet. Sure i'll get round to it when i get the time!

Archived