litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stopped By The Rozzers This Morning

Tango190

Well er, didn't even make it out of the UK without being stopped by the cops.

Following a 5 series BMW down the A513 towards Burton from Tamworth, miles out in the country roads.

Hog in the beemer was all over the place, so when a nice straight came along, had a good look and whipped past him.

About 4 miles further on, a plod car appears in the rear view mirror all lights blazing and two tones.

I slow down and pull over a bit to wave him past, then he points to me to pull in.

So I did.

Now I'm sitting there, fag in one hand, Bugs Bunny baseball cap on, sunny bins, and blasting UB40 out at hell of a volume to drown the exhaust sound.

PC 1 comes along side very very quickly and asks me if I'm in a hurry as I was going so fast.

I said " No not really - the exhaust sound is a bit load that's all"

He immediately ask's me to switch off, take the keys out and join him with PC2 in his Peugot 407 Special.

On plonking my but down, PC1 gives it to me good and hard about if this had happened, if that had happened, driver training, keeping it for "trackdays", how he won't let this go, how he will tell his inspector how dangerously I was driving - the whole shooting match.

He then clearly states that he has no radar, video or other such evidence to confirm my speed. He said they were coming down towards a 'T' junction which is where I went past the beemer, and if someone had pulled straight out I would be dead.

Now I didn't see him at the 'T' junction AT ALL - he simply wasn't there - he could only have been maybe 1/2 mile away coming down the big hill towards the 'T' junction, giving him a lovely long range view !

Bottom line is, PC1 reckons he's going to push for prosecution for some term ala "driving like an idiot" that I had not heard used before.

How can this be, no apparent photo video, or radar evidence. Based on an overtake viewed from 1/2 a mile away, and quoting "you must have been doing 75 - 80mph" which I did not admit or counter with another speed value.

So now I have a producer, and the long wait for the postman to bring some nasty piece of paper my way.

This just doesn't stack up or feel like "normal" practice.

What's the most likely piece of paper to arrive do you think ?

Bob - seriously miffed to say the least.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if you get anything at all. I'd imagine he was just giving the speal to shock you into slowing down a bit.

I'm sure that if they charge you or intend to then they give you the ticket there and then. The producer was just to inconveinence <sp?> you.

Still a bit of a shocker though.

I'm not talking from very much experiance by the way you could get sent daaan for 10 years? :o

Worst i ever had was when i had my old 325i. Left a wet roundabout in the wet with the back end weaving it's way up the road when i suddenly went past a cop car. He pulled me up, right out side my house. The copper asked me "why do you think i pulled you up?" to which i replied "Erm young lad in a big car??" (i was only 19) He then said "yes, and you have a fooking big right foot as well dont you" I kid you not! Anyway, i got a producer and my tyres kicked! :D

Hope it all works out though!

Bet you are Bob - sounds like they've stiched you. My legal knowledge isn't great, but I think that even without a speed gun, camera or the like, 2 coppers who both witness an event can be enough to prosecute. As long as they both have the same story and have a fair bit of experience between them, it's effectively their word against yours.

If I was you, I'd write down EVERYTHING that you can remember that they said and did - it might be that the smallest thing could help you out. Sounds like there approach was a little unorthodox and their language a little possibly confusing.

Fingers crossed that they don't bother and choke on donuts

Well whay you find is that they have now solved a crime and possibly a conviction and a fine probably paid so they can go back to the station and fill in a check sheet that shows they are on target, complete wankers in my opinion, and i have f@:? all respect for them now.

I take gret delight if one is alongside in accelerating as hard as possible up to the limit and then sitting there, pisses them off i think

That's because they drink Irn Bru, don't they Fiona! :o

Lesstatt - I'd be careful with that policy - i did just the same in Southampton and the prick pulled me over, gave the car a real going over and informed me that if the road had been busier or in the wet, he would have done me for driving without due care and attention. Apparently you can still get done under the speed limit if conditions are 'a bit damp' (especially if plod decides he doesn't like you)

Bullied at school the lot of them

I'm assuming this wasn't the Excel?

No point asking us laymen, try :  http://pepipoo.com

Tivver Fi, roof down, shadeson, baseball cap.

Wondered if they thought it was nicked to start with, maybe they were disappointed to not have a chav at the helm - well - you know what I mean.

Just going to Poo.com for a few mins.

Putting a bit of a downer on the day to say the least :o

Now I'm sitting there, fag in one hand, Bugs Bunny baseball cap on, sunny bins, and blasting UB40 out at hell of a volume to drown the exhaust sound.

hold on. hold on. rewind. fucking bugs bunny hat ???

id have pulled you over for that alone.

fair play to them :o

:D

Don't worry Bob, we'll turn up at court for you. We can provide evidence that you couldn't possibly have been driving that fast, as you drive like a big WOMAN :o

Don't think they've got much on you to be honest. Write down all the abusive swearing that they gave you. You could always contact the local station to make a complaint about their behaviour towards you when the other guy was clearly driving a BMW.

Ok enough abuse,

my sympathies, hope it all blows over.

Your done for Bob - if I were you I'd be shopping for soap-on-a-rope and getting used to eating cold porridge :o

Seriously though, its more than likely just a scare tactic...

Steve's got the start of a good idea.

You could bring a "friend" to court who could say they hung back when you got pulled over, and what plod said was all lies. They only thought they could get away with the fabrication because they thought you were alone...

Archived