litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stopped By The Rozzers This Morning

Tango190

not sure how true this is but i,m certain i was told there is no speed limit once you commit to overtake as long as you slow back down to the limit after you cross back onto the right side of road., worth investigating? :o

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenge it.

I went to court over my traffic light offence... they have absolutely fuck all whatsover to go on - they reckon you were doing X speed, but what proof do they have... no witnesses no nothing.

That will be thrown out in 30 mintues...

Steve's got the start of a good idea.

You could bring a "friend" to court who could say they hung back when you got pulled over, and what plod said was all lies. They only thought they could get away with the fabrication because they thought you were alone...

Not really that good an Idea! Both would then be lying and committing purjury the penalties for which are far worse than a speeding fine!

Sorry to hear about this Bob. :o

As others have already said, hopefully they were just trying to frighten you a bit with what they've told you in the belief it'll change how you drive. My guess would be that they'd be rather lacking in any evidence.

Hope you don't hear anymore about it.

Ok Bob, I may have been wrong...

As posted by a certain Porsche owner on EVO...originally, he posted about this..

I am sat next to a police Focus at the lights and decide that I should be able to beat them in a tlgp. As soon as I can sense the race is on I jam my foot down and win an easy contest.

At the next set of lights the f****g passenger pig is waving his hands out the window in a slow down gesture. So I drop my window and ask him what the problem is? He tells me that I accelerated too quick at the previous lights.

What a w****r thought I So I told him that 'I didn't think there was a law against accelerating and in case he didn't know the speed limit was 30mph but I can accelerate up to that as fast as I like'

I then raised the window while my wife just laughed at him.

Which was a few weeks ago.

Toady, he posted this...

After accelerating away from a set of lights in a safe and controlled manner I have received a warning notice under section 59 of the Police reform act 2002 threatening me that my car may be seized if I am seen to do the same again in future?

So exactly how fast can I accelerate without my car being impounded?

Oops!

Sorry to hear about this morning,presumably it'll come down to your word against theirs but I can't see how they could make a case of it in court-have a word with your local friendly solicitor.

Has anyone seen the site from pistonheads with the photographer caught speeding in France this week?We'll all have to be very careful on the way to/from Le Mans

go to:

www.neillwatson.com/france.htm

Greg.

Sorry to hear about this morning,presumably it'll come down to your word against theirs but I can't see how they could make a case of it in court-have a word with your local friendly solicitor.

Has anyone seen the site from pistonheads with the photographer caught speeding in France this week?We'll all have to be very careful on the way to/from Le Mans

go to:

www.neillwatson.com/france.htm

Greg.

Saw it - on-the-spot fines, that'd stop abuse of power in measurement-crazed Blighty...

Try driving in loose convoys of similar coloured Lizzies - we had the Port Gendarmes running in circles down the station at Cherbourg last year. No speed limit broken, no camera, one plod, two identical Lizzies and no language advantages. Very enjoyable, apart from missing the ferry!

Now who was the lead driver? Well in all the excitement...

Thanks all for a cheer up :D

Thing is as Matty has posted, they used a term I'd not heard about before, and can't recall after only 15 mins after being pulled.

It was deffo the effect of 'We have a new way of dealing with you gits, you know fck all what were talking about, but you will end up with Jon Malbons pope on a rope'

It's a new term, can't recall it at all, was not a "your buggered cause there's two of us" or even, "driving without due care" or similar.

Have the cops got a new law that came in on 01/06/05 so they can do anything ?

Anyway - what will be will be - heads up for Kermit land though :drive:

Basically if you piss plod off he will find a way to get you

As I said earlier in this thread, if he deems you to be accelerating in a way that could put other road users in danger - no matter what the conditions or speed limit - the sod can have you....

Fingers crossed Bob!! :drive:

Be very carefull , the coppers can give you a section 59 if they dont like your attitude or face and they dont need any evidence to do it , I was there when my 16year old son got one :drive: "driving(riding) in a maner likley to cause disstress/nuisance to other road users " and there you have it , no evidence at all , just the opinion of one copper :D

my son was following me on his moped !

and did not cause disstress or nuisence to any other road users

but that was irrelervant , the copper had been told to have a crack down on local youths being a nuisance on their mopeds

Basically if you piss plod off he will find a way to get you

As I said earlier in this thread, if he deems you to be accelerating in a way that could put other road users in danger - no matter what the conditions or speed limit - the sod can have you....

Fingers crossed Bob!! :drive:

Yeah must say thinking about it, it was words along those lines minus the word accelerating.

There is deffo some new phrase we need to know about - quickly :D

Also, check out the kind of car that stopped me ... in the middle of nowhere ... bad luck ... or a setup ???

Be very carefull , the coppers can give you a section 59 if they dont like your attitude or face and they dont need any evidence to do it , I was there when my 16year old son got one  :drive: "driving(riding) in a maner likley to cause disstress/nuisance to other road users " and there you have it , no evidence at all , just the opinion of one copper  :D

my son was following me on his moped !

and did not cause disstress or nuisence to any other road users

but that was irrelervant , the copper had been told to have a crack down on local youths being a nuisance on their mopeds

"in a maner likley to cause disstress/nuisance to other road users "

Thats very similar to it as I recall now.

PC1 said "If the beemer driver had complained about MY driving" he could ......

This is shit ...

I'm off to bed for a restless nights - wide awake ...

Archived