litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stopped By The Rozzers This Morning

Tango190

ner bollocks to 'em.

i got warned in the summer. there were 4 cars ahead of me waiting to go through a 'let them through' one way set of traffic lights. it turned green and i floored it overtaking all of them. i couldnt be arsed with waiting for the retard to look at the lights, take his handbrake off, assume first gear and procede to take off. by the time hes actually done all this im probably in 3rd gear.

its all about witnesses and evidence. like all of us one here i like to drive fast. but we re not chavs and dont do it in the city centre. we do it in the right places - police should understand this and give us a fucking break. but sometimes they really do take it personal that we speed.

i dont like the bastards personally.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59 Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance

(1) Where a constable in uniform has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used on any occasion in a manner which-

A- contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and

B- is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public,

he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).

(3) Those powers are-

A- power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;

B- power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;

C- power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph A- or B-, to enter any premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;

D- power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to A- to C-.

So basically if some tw@t is driving at 30mph in a 50mph zone, they will cause me annoyance and should have their car impounded.

or

In your case Bob, the BMW driver was travelling erratically and considerably under the speed limit, causing you annoyance and a safety issue, so you overtook to remove yourself from a potentially dangerous situation.

Now I'm sure this act was intended to give the plod powers to stop chavs burning up tyres and screeching round corners in Brighton and not for the law abiding, tax paying gentlemen who's council tax and income tax pays for them in the first place.

:drive:

I really really wouldnt worry about it at all mate. If they couldve stung your driving your post would be about "How i got 3 points,£60 fine" instead. Police are told to use scare tactics like that..some phsychological boll*cks training their given.

In Glasgow for example, they will pull any old modified car in town with the "you accelerated dangerously there from the lights" routine and then give you the "we are watching you" line. Its actually really effective against boy racer tossers as it makes em so paranoid they stop driving around like twats. Its easier to take measures to prevent the crime rather than wait for it to occur and then dish out punishment.

Put it this way.. its pretty much worked with you no?

I thought Section 59 was introduced to give them police some 'extra' powers to control the cruise brigade and impromptu 'meets' on estates by the Chav brigade or in our case the Sunday evening brigade round the Broadmoor Centre. I've got a hunch it was introduced at the same time as ASBOs???

I suspect you'll get a warning similar to the other driver got in the thread.

Given how much red tape the coppers have to deal with these days, I can;t really imagine them even bothering to go to the effort of seixzng a car - especially without any evidence - because it accelerated too hard!! However, they may seize a chavved up Nova racing round an estate where there are little kids on bikes...?

Expect a letter and some finger waving but not much more. IMO anyway.

Whilst we're on stories about accelerating too fast, G/F's brother driving home from work in his Esprit found a police car on his tail. At the next junction he pulled away, accelerating up to the speed limit and sitting there. Next junction the police car catches him and he does it again. After this the police car follows him all the way home, and up the private drive to his house.

Kevin gets out of his car, ignoring the coppers and walks into his house. They ring the bell and say that they beleive he was driving without insurance and demanding he produce his covernote. Bearing in mind he's about 40, balding and wearing suit and tie - not your usual chav get up.

Wife has to dig out the insurance, swearing about the inconvenience whilst his 3 infant daughters are hounding the policemen about what daddy's done wrong. Finally insurance is produced and they say, direct quote "we thaught you were driving a bit nippily"! They obviously had nothing better to do and picked on the new V8 Esprit driver for no reason - luckily his daughters incessant questions seemed to scare them off.

Rich, PC1 had to ask me what kind of car its was, before I could say Tivver, PC2 gave PC1 a bit of a Paddington (long hard stare) and said " Its a TVR" in a manner that meant - It's a TVR you muppet.

I was a bit chav looking I suppose with the baseball cap.

Any way, what will be will be, and the Tivvers tucked away for a few days now, as I'm going to use the "stealth" Lotus for a couple of days before we go to Le Mans.

Bugger 'em - they will not spoil my holiday, they will not spoil my holiday .....

Archived