litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Must Resist.....

Fiona

Some of you will know I have a hankering for an Elan Sprint.

Well, this beauty has appeared on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=39903&s=10

Now, I was going to pay a lump sum off the mortgage next month but......

Is it really stupid to buy a car like this:

without knowing much about them

never having drove one

with a price that looks too good to be true?

Fiona

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love elan sprints - gorgeous. Seems keenly priced (not that I'd know or anything)

Buy it - every £1000 off your mortgage is only £6 a month. Enjoy life - its short

I like it very much but prepare to get your hands dirty.

Looks lovely but deffo only a weekend runner or a trip to the shops during the week. I don't know anything about them mind just going by the age of the car/miles/cars like it....big fan of classics. Nearly bought a MGB GT when I was 19.

There's a magazine on sale now thats doing an Elan S2 vs Elan Sprint article...I know its not quite what you want to compare it against, but no doubt it'll give some good insights into ownership.

Performance and Classic Cars mag I think it was called??

Cracking cars, need TLC and looking after... the Sprint is pretty quick - 0-60 in less than 7... handling is sublime, grip is less impressive :(

They sound good, look good etc.. and as stated above that is very, very cheap for what looks to be in VGC.

Definitely a weekend car though....

Thanks for all your reply guys.

I'm off on holiday today so if it still there when I get back I may pop along and have a look. A guy at work has an Elan Sprint so I'll try and persuade him to have a look with me.

See you soon.

Fiona

Archived