2. Today
  3. Yesterday
  4. Last week
  5. Elisemadray

Lotus Parking Problem

Ah the grass is always greener πŸ˜‚
  6. mambosasa

Lucy lives on!

All, It has been some time since I last updated the blog. All these years on, the little Lotus is still going strong. She is now 20 years old and looks and drives as good as ever. The love for this iconic car remains. My days of mods and getting under the car every weekend are over I think. I now simply enjoy the ownership experience and driving! Oh, I also do a little bit of polishing - just a little. This car is simply pure magic and medicine to all gloominess. 😁
  7. kayj_prod

1997 S1 Elise headlight options?

I replaced the whole units on both sides including the metal inner clamping bracket as it was in a pretty sorry condition. Just went with Eliseparts IIRC and got it done. Worst job was cleaning off the old glue, but looked lovely and looked after once finished and less likely to fall off! Brighter too, but that was probably a combination of all factors.
  8. gingerbloke

I've since found pages/post on this site (oddly enough from searching on Google, not the search bar at the top!?!) Any info still appreciated, especially experiences of similar.
  9. gingerbloke

Today I removed my LHS front light unit to clear out spiders, dead flies, etc that had accumulated inside the covers over the last 22 years (nice!) The unit was a little stiff/rusty but went back together OK, other than the bulb disintegrated when I tried to reconnect (the three tabs at the back literally crumbled). I've had the car since new and I've never replaced ANY bulbs (is that a record?). I fitted a standard bulb back in but I noticed that the silver backing has started to give up around the sidelight bulb area. The light unit appears to be from a Renault 4 or similar, if I'm replacing these are there better units? Or just better bulbs? I've never been impressed with the night driving these lights offer (drivers lights work well but you can't use them all the time). Any help/info much appreciated, or tell me to FAQ off if there's a link somewhere. Adam
  10. Afternoon, AIB are thrilled to announce the appointment of our newest team member, Becca Milles. Read more here: https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/news/beccamilles Many thanks again to all members for your continued support. Leah Burt AIB Insurance 02380 268351
  11. gingerbloke

1997 S1 Elise Bonnet Hinge replacement

All done, fiddly as f@@k to adjust, thanks for the heads-up on how to get it unhitched when it's stuck down. Now on to all the other jobs that are due on a 22 year old car......
  12. Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Goodwood FOS hill climb 2018 View the full article
  13. Lotus at Goodwood FOS 2018 View the full article
  14. Lotus - 70 years of innovation View the full article
  15. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

I believe these are designed for the short soft tops only , I think you may have the long soft top? but if you have the short top same as as later s2/s3 then it should be all good
  16. Kevin

Elise roof cable.

Does anyone know if these fit a 2002 S2? I ask as has the description the the eBay site is not clear Thanks Kevin
  17. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

Cheers, the eye ends seem to be a better design πŸ‘
  18. Baxter33

Elise roof cable.

I have fitted 2 of these as above, they work fine
  19. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

I Brought one to replace my snapped roof cable took 10 mins to replace well happy Β£49 (still not cheap for a cable) but halve the price of the lotus one
  20. jonnyfox

And get someone to pull the bonnet up gently while you are pulling on the bonnet realise.
  21. Earlier
  22. kayj_prod

I agree with Lithopsian, however, if it does go wrong, you can resolve it easily as long as you can get a wheel off. It’s a job where slow and steady really is the best course.
  23. Lithopsian

I think its an over-played problem, but it certainly gets your heart rate up when you pull the handle and it doesn't open. Unless you've got it really badly aligned and then forced it closed when it didn't want to go, it can be freed by pushing the bonnet in one direction or another so the catch is more central and it will pop open. Take care that the catch is aligned with the hole when you're adjusting and you'll be fine.
  24. gingerbloke

You guys have got me worried now.......
  25. Dr H

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

I think the pic 'overstates;' the brightness a bit but it's not too far off.
  26. Kevin

Toyo Proxes T1-R Tyres

Time Left: 2 months and 20 days

• FOR SALE
    • USED

2 x 195/50/16 & 2 x 225/45/17 with between 5mm - 6mm tread remaining on all 4 tyres. These were fitted in 2016 and covered approx. 8,000 miles. Collect from Shrewsbury or can arrange delivery on my commuter route between Shrewsbury and Derby. Β£100

Β£100.00

Shrewsbury , Shropshire - GB

27. The Cakes

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Ooooooh nice!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Γ—

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use