litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sonya, The Bionic Woman

dobbo

Thanks Dave, but my sis is the head physio at the hospital were she had it done, so I think she's in scary enough hands as it is !

Should be home tomorrow !  Then the fun really starts...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did a full flight of stairs (up and down) on Tuesday pm, just 24hrs after the op !

She got home this afternoon.  Now the fun starts - trying to keep two excited kids away from fragile bits, and keeping toys out of walking routes !

Thanks for all the lovely posts and cards and apologies for taking so long to acknowledge them - a lovely Christmas and mastering crutches has kept me busy.

I can't believe the progress I have made from having my thigh chopped in half 13 days ago to being able to walk with purpose (and crutches) for a good mile and now being able to take a few paces unaided, when Chris isn't watching. Mobility aside, my 8" wound is significantly less technicolour today so I must be heading in the right direction!

The decision to opt for an epidural was a bit last minute but proved entertaining enough as I got to experience all the hammering and drilling noises with running commentary and an interesting chat with my friendly anetheatist.

Turns out he has a fresh from the factory, low mileage, totally standard S1 Elise and can't decide what to do with it. So we discussed the merits of keeping vanilla for collectors' value or going down the conversion route. What a coincidence! Must have been the drugs as I reckon I sounded like I knew what I was talking about!

Anyway, if I can contain my frustration and over confidence, do as I'm told and stick to my physio protocols I'll be back kicking in the early spring and hope to see many of you soon!

PS I'm putting some money aside to buy Chris a halo. He thoroughly deserves it. Besides, he doesn't look so good in a pinny....

Archived