litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hardtop advice

kmr1966

Hi all.

looking to get a longtail hardtop for my S2 2002 elise

standard K8 engine model.

Any recommendations, plenty of cheap single skin from china which would probably fit my honda better.

Wanted a decent model with good noise damping in it.

Car is maroon but black is fine as that's what the soft top is.

Also long or short tail.

many thanks

Kevin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin I would talk to Jon Seal at Jon Seal Sportscars. I am pretty sure he also makes hardtops for Elises and VX220s and he has a good reputation.

I had an oem Lotus hardtop on mine but my car has the short roof. Did Lotus make a hardtop for the longtail? I'm not sure. If they did, and you could find one second hand that would be your best bet.

Also, why not have it painted body colour? A maroon s2 with maroon hardtop would look sensational. 

Good luck

Dean

Save your money.  Three previous Elise’s I’ve owned came with hardtops, I sold two, the other spent its time under the bed collecting dust. They’re a faff to put on and take off, and just as you get the damn windows fitting nicely the season changes and it’s time to swap again.

There was an oem long-tail hardtop for a short while.  I've not seen any up for sale for years.  Short roof conversion would be the way to go unless  Jon Seal can do you a long-tail hardtop which is to your liking. (and the look much better /sleeker on the car than the short version)  The elise looks fantastic with it on.  I'd fit mine if it lived outside and it was a daily driver. Truth is You'd never choose to have the hardtop on over al fresco driving experience the Elise gives you...as sure as tomorrow never comes,  it will as Jonathan said spend its time under the bed gathering dust.

Good luck 👍 

MrWill 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived