litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need some driving destination ideas for tomorrow!

Virgiltracy

Morning Chaps!

I've got about 5 hours free tomorrow and the wife would like to go somewhere, I just can't think of somewhere nice to head to! - We're based in Stratford and have done Broadway, Bourton, Stow, Moreton to death!

Ideally an hour from Stratford so we can have three hours there and then come back within the five hour window.

any suggestions?

Well we thought we'd drive to Bourton on the Water for fish and chips by the river in the sunshine... unfortunately everyone else had the same idea!

So we parked at the pub in Lower Slaughter for a drink (and an obligatory photo) then headed home via the Fleece inn at Bretforton, Turning up at the fleece we were greeted with an Ale and Cider festival, music and pork baps... We should have just gone there first!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I,m new to this club thing.. but regarding good roads and places of interest.. We live in South Staffordshire Cannock to be exact and also get fed up of the same drive out to the busy Peaks... So in recent years we drive over to the Shropshire Hills.. This area isn't too far a drive from you with great roads that  link Worcester up to Kidderminster Bridgnorth.. Much Wenlock... Clee Hill at Cleobury mortimer (Fantastic views) then onto Much Wenlock to Church Stretton across a ridge... all great scenery and circle back to Home... We've done this area many times early Sunday mornings and it works for us... any ways it's just a idea....

On 29/10/2022 at 16:19, Steven Clewer said:

Hi I,m new to this club thing.. but regarding good roads and places of interest.. We live in South Staffordshire Cannock to be exact and also get fed up of the same drive out to the busy Peaks... So in recent years we drive over to the Shropshire Hills.. This area isn't too far a drive from you with great roads that  link Worcester up to Kidderminster Bridgnorth.. Much Wenlock... Clee Hill at Cleobury mortimer (Fantastic views) then onto Much Wenlock to Church Stretton across a ridge... all great scenery and circle back to Home... We've done this area many times early Sunday mornings and it works for us... any ways it's just a idea....

Welcome! My in laws are in Burntwood so Leeloo and I are over your way quite often in the summer!

On 29/10/2022 at 16:19, Steven Clewer said:

Good roads there.  I sometimes incorporate this into a loop from Worcester up through Kiddy, Bridgorth, across to Shrewsbury then down through Church Stretton, Ludlow, Leominster and back across to Worcester.  Or cut back early through Little Hereford, Newnham Bridge then options back to Kiddy or cut down Eardiston, Abberley, Great Witley etc and back to Worcester that way.

• 10 months later...

Old thread but i live between Worcester and Kiddie and like the idea of this. Could be organised for a few cars i’m sure for a Sunday am drive. Remember seeing a cafe near Bridgnorth for some Sunday am coffee and bacon sandwiches